 Dear LEGO / 2605
Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 14:47:58 GMT

[snipped all ng but lugnet.dear-lego and lugnet.trains]

In lugnet.dear-lego, John Neal wrote:

Second, I would completely revamp the train line and pursue the model railroading
market.

Here's an interesting thought (well, it was interesting to me, when I
thought of it): TLC could/should spin off Trains to a subsidiary
development/marketing company, to accomplish the goals John laid out.  They
could still service the (regrettably small) retail market for Trains, but
their major focus would be to the modeling market.

Steve