 Trains / 8067
Re: High Speed Locomotive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 18:13:53 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Bob Hayes writes:
I have posted some images of a high speed locomotive I put together last
night.  They are on BrickShelf at
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=1858 .  The front uses one
of those big 6x8x3 windscreens (part# 551) covered with tape.  Is that pure?
No - but it looks a lot better than a big blue bubble on the front of the
train.  I would like and comments or criticisms that you may have.  Thank you.
Bob

When I see that yellow nose against black and white, I get squeemish.  ;-)
However, I recall that Brit-Rail's InterCity 125 was adorned with a yellow
nose, as were most of their locomotives in the early 1980's.  I liked their
"look".  So, I believe there is certainly a "real-life" presedence for having a
yellow nose.

The lack of this nose piece in a greater variety of colors is too bad.  Every
time I look with interest toward using the two yellow nose pieces in my stock,
I never find satisfaction with the preliminary result.  It's rather frustrating
to me.

I used to think I had to have and use LEGO train doors on my locomotives.  I
would almost build the locomotive around the door!  Now, I try to save the
train doors for passenger cars.  Just depends on the train model and your own
personal preference.  That's the ultimate goal (I hope):  Making a model for
yourself that you are satisfied with and will enjoy "playing" with and/or
displaying!

Keep up the good work.  The more you build, the better!

later,
James Mathis