 Trains / 8016
8015  |  8017
Subject:
probably longest Lego® train pulled by 1 engine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 18:24:14 GMT

Dear all,

as you might have noticed I have made myself a little rare and this is the
first time since 14 days, that I'm surfing in Lugnet and the German
www.1000steine.de .

I have to become more active for my career and so I'm forced to limitate
my online time instead.  :-(

Now on Sunday evening I will do an exception and post my latest Lego® record,
since I am (and will be) still active in my Lego® hobby. What I wanted to
annonce here is probably a new record for the longest (pulled) Lego® train.

Last Thursday I have made up a 12V tracklayout in my appartment (in fact just
a simple oval) and have tried how many waggons could be pulled by front
engines. I have forgotten, who once has posted about his train of nearly 90
waggons, but now I was able to improve this old record up to exactly 100
waggons pulled by one engine (with two 7865 motors)!

This train (no glue, no lubrication, no foul tricks, just 100% pure Lego!) has
finished its way round one lap on the track oval. It passed through two curves
of 180 degree and was able to start by own power without external help.

Pictures and some more declaring text can be found in a directory at Brickshelf
Gallery:

Kind Regards,

Ben

my homepage: