 Trains / 8074
Re: A new challenge...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 20:49:34 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
A good idea, but I think your numbers are too low.  Heck, a train car's
couplers,plate, wheels, and bogie plate cost about half that alone ($25).  When
I imagine what a good quality train car should cost, I think in comparable
terms ie O scale cars from model railroading.  For quality stuff, you are in
the $50-100 range per car for sure.  Locos can get downright nasty in price.

Lets put it this way, the 45-50 piece cars I have... NOT ONE has sold.  Now, is
it due to lack of advertising?  are they that _bad_ MOC's that no-one else
wants them?

(they price out at around the $20 mark, if you go and buy the pieces to build
them, the same price as I am trying to sell them for)

The problem is that the market that would likely want the cheaper cars (kids)
have little chance of finding out that I have models for sale that are even
remotely in the price range.

(And before anyone goes complaining too much, I have a fairly sizeable
collection of OO scale stuff, that was all bought using my allowance and
similar money...so it is possible to buy them...and a OO scale car is about 2x
the price for the same volume as a lego car)

James