 Trains / *4982 (-100)
  Re: What do you do with multiple Blue Hoppers?

Due to the magnitude of this post I thought I could reply by saying: I haven't got a clue what one would do with SO MANY copies of set 2126, for I do not own any sets 2126. (I wonder if I'll ever regret that?) But, if I did, I think they would get (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Line them up of course

(...) So what would you build out of these: (URL) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What do you do with multiple Blue Hoppers?

You didn't pay full retail for all those, did you? It would be nice if train stuff went on sale over here in the US, but that will not happen as long as LEGO Shop at Home is the only supplier for the majority of train stuff. Chris (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yellow 9v Tracks? !?!?!!!

Ah, incandescent light. I use incandescent, fluorescent and halogen. Yeah, I get it real bright. Either way, that picture is the result of poor lighting. I actually bought a surf shack because I thought it had an orange plate. It looked orange in (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yellow 9v Tracks? !?!?!!!

(...) My digital camera takes quite nice pictures with flash, of course it took even better pictures when I added a slave flash. That picture actually looked more to me like it was taken using room lights only (incandescent lights are very yellow). (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  DCC instructions updated

Thanks to everyone for their comments regarding my explanation of how to implement DCC into LEGO trains. (URL) on the comments received, I have updated the instructions and highlighted the changes to the text in RED. These changes include: - small (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Containers

(...) Parse. See: (URL) note the v.intr. definition. "did not parse" == "I didn't understand what you were saying" either because you made a grammatical or transcription error that interfered with deriving meaning, or because your sentence was too (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Containers

(...) It's a great idea. If you're impure. :-) Purists (and I'm mostly in this camp) like to see what they can do without using non LEGO things. But there's nothing wrong with your suggestion. (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Containers

You could always "accidentally" stick a MegaBlock plate back there. It would be obscured from view and I don't think they have markings on the studs, but maybe they do. (I don't use MB, so I wouldn't know). I know Tyco had blank studs, but their (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Yellow 9v Tracks? !?!?!!!

It is not painted. I took some pictures and they turned out like that as well. You need to use all natural lighting and turn off the flash when photographing Lego. The flash changes the color due to the reflection, as well as the poor color digital (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yellow 9v Tracks? !?!?!!!

I don't think it is the lighting. Usually you can recover the colors by adjusting settings for the picture in a program like Photoshop or even Microsoft Photo Editor. I did not succeed in doing so, so my guess is this person PAINTED the tracks (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What do you do with multiple Blue Hoppers?

(...) scanned copies of the instructions... -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Containers

(...) Hmmm, we may be running into the limit of lego tolerances here. When I tried the assembly, it was clearly just the letters on top of the studs that kept it from working perfectly. In fact, it does actually hold together, and works just as I (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Containers

(...) It's more than just the letters, the actual stud is ever so slightly taller. When I gently slid a plate into a chanel made by reversing two thin walls, the top of the stud caught the edge of the wall. The two stud wide channel with 3 plates + (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: What do you do with multiple Blue Hoppers?

Any ideas what to do with multiple copies of waggon set 2126? They have been sold out in Germany during the last month and I collected "some" of them as cheap brickyard. (URL) far I have only build up the beer waggons and have left a quite big (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Containers

(...) Oooh, Drat! I forgot about the "lego" logos extruded on the tops of the studs... Oh well, just goes to show the dangers of designing lego models in your head... :) BTW, I just tried it myself, and it does work... almost... the deflection of (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: What do you do with multiple Blue Hoppers?

(...) I know, I know. Maybe you will move up production on my lar hopper then. :) (...) I would have prefered the 2x2 plate with pin but then I would have needed about thirty of them and I only have about six total and I used those for trailer (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Containers

Kela Akira Kitkowski wrote in message ... (...) Because it isn't a "pure" solution, and doesn't give us the opportunity to try and find an elegant solution. Besides, sticker paper wouldn't be flush either (of course if you get right down to it, (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: What do you do with multiple Blue Hoppers?

I'm glad you had fun with the hoppers I sold you... but your bigger hoppers STILL look euro. Need I say more? :-) On to happier topics. Nice Roadrailers. I'm wondering why you didn't use the propellor plates (2x2 plate with gray style technic pin) (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Containers

Has anybody recommend that this guy should go out, buy some decal paper or sticker paper, make the design on the comp, print it out, and paste it on? Last I saw, decal paper was about a dollar per sheet. Just a suggestion...nothing personal or (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Containers

Par-wha? (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Containers

(...) This sentence didn't parse for me. But I surmise that I agree. 4549 and other 4 wide containers set the standard that I work from (...) It's just mad money, maybe a grand or two... so I don't have to time the bottom exactly. So who wants to (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Containers

Bram Lambrecht wrote in message ... (...) I'd known about the window for quite some time. Many classic space sets use them in blue (with trans yellow glass). I did wonder why it looked like it had shutter tabs, until a few weeks ago when I opened a (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Containers

Karim wrote in message ... (...) account... (...) holds (...) pieces (...) Well, I just (well several hours ago) tried this out. The geometry doesn't quite work out. To fill in those who haven't seen the picture, the key is that staggered, opposing (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Containers

By chance, was the starting point of the "known" Lego Double-Stacks? I'm inclined to believe that the starting point for this is 4549 Road 'N Rail Hauler. I found a set with the viechles and the figures gone, and all that's left is 1 of the small (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  What do you do with multiple Blue Hoppers?

When you have four copies of the Blue Hopper #4536, what do you build? Why two blue hoppers, of course. (URL) included are pictures of my attempts at RoadRailers, see the bottom of the above page. -- Paul (URL) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yellow 9v Tracks? !?!?!!!

(...) While green is the typical color, blue is widely used in home tables and appears to be the color of this particular table. Red is also used, often in tournaments. Rob - Rob Farver - mailto:rfarver@rcn.com (2 URLs) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Containers

(...) Hehehe, now *that* would be fascinating... It does however go online April 1st. (Ackkk! I know, I know! but I have to wait for the machine it will be on to be configured!) I am considering going ahead and launching Pallas Spaceworks early, on (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Containers

(...) It's from _The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy_... The Cybernetic systems of the starship Heart of Gold were developed with the new "GPP" system (Genuine People Personalities). The doors have a desire to open for you and it is their pleassure (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Containers

(...) Augh, that sounds familiar, but I can't place it. What's it from? --Bram Bram Lambrecht / o o \ BramL@juno.com ---...---oooo-----(_...o---...--- WWW: (URL) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Containers

(...) Which you are, of course, famous for. When does karimnassar.com go public? (But don't ask me to get on task on my own site :/ ) --Bram Bram Lambrecht / o o \ BramL@juno.com ---...---oooo-----(_...o---...--- WWW: (URL) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Containers

Frank catches me in an apparent error... (...) 2148 is what I typed. Trust me. Nefarious forces must have incremented it by two at some point. :-) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Containers

(...) I think 6-wide makes much more impressive trucks. You can always make doors out of plates, using a few <part:2540 1x2 plates w/ handle> and <part:4085 plate 1x1 w/ vert. clip> to create hinges. If you're feeling really ambitious, go (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Containers

(...) stayed with the 6-wide style?!? --Bram (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Yellow 9v Tracks? !?!?!!!

VERY poor color/lighting. Most pool tables use green felt.... -Rich (...) are they from? (...) before... (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yellow 9v Tracks? !?!?!!!

(...) are they from? (...) before... (...) Its just the lighting conditions...a good example of why to never beleve the colour of a colour picture :) James P (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yellow 9v Tracks? !?!?!!!

(...) 4563 (which IS one of the first 9V train sets, but not one of the first EVER LEGO Trains...). (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Yellow 9v Tracks? !?!?!!!

Is this real LEGO(R), or is it a clone? If it is Lego, then what set numbers are they from? (URL) supply looks familiar, but I've never heard of *yellow* train tracks before... /Tore (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: WAMALUG heads underground

(...) ...A down-the-tube looks way cool, but can't be used functionally for a train to run on... a side view (the one I was marginally working on) allows a small loop of track for the train to run around (with the back side of the track hidden)... (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Containers

(...) As the automatic doors on the Starship Heart of Gold would say, "Glad to be of service!" :) --Karim (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Containers

(...) Mindspring is just fine (I can access it from work). (...) Ah, now I see. I may use that for a few containers which open. That solution won't work for the Selbulba tile though since the thin walls aren't split in color, and it doesn't manage (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Containers

(...) I have a feeling I'm going to go with 6 wide. TLC is making more and more 6 wide trucks (now if only they'd make some truck wheels suited for double wheel arrangements other than the 2x2 hubs - technic or standard). I only have a few of those (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Containers

(...) I just emailed you a GIF instructions sheet, but to your mindspring account... should I email it to your work account? (...) Nope :) It's what I like to call an IES* There is no actual piece that holds the tile at 90 degrees... it's the (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Containers

(...) I may end up doing that, though I would like for the containers to be able to be stacked beside each other. Of course I haven't seen a solution yet which I have all the necessary orange parts, my solution so far comes the closest (since I (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Containers

(...) Well there's nothing like saying "can't be done" to shake out the solution... (...) Ooh, naughty... :-) Could you generate a JPG or two, or just describe it? (I don't have a way to look at .DATs at work). Hmm, I just tried to look at all the (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Containers

(...) Wrong! :) :) Check this out. I just whipped this up as a solution to your problem. As far as I can tell, it matches all criteria mechanically. The only thing I'm not sure of is whether or not the 1x2x2 panels come in orange... (...) (the ">" (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: WAMALUG heads underground

Thanks for the comments... The whole structure will be underground(as a subway should be), there will be a wall that blocks the outside structure from view. I designed the fin-like structure on the outside to channel light(1) into the actual station (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: WAMALUG heads underground

This is really cool. I love the arching roof structure. Captures the style very nicely. I look forward to seeing further construction. later, James Mathis (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: WAMALUG heads underground

This interior rocks. Looks kind of dodgy from the outside but what the heck. Looks like it will consume massive quantities of parts (click hinges??), though, and if you do the arch all the way around, not be very visible. Perhaps only 1/2 and (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Containers

(...) If you mean an articulated doublestack... There are at least three examples extant. PNLTC members have one, I have one, and I forget who else. Mine is on my "containers" page. Like you I'm an ex MR and container crazy, it's one of my favorite (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: 8 wide Metroliner

(...) Sure is a lot of corrugated. Wow! Kevin has made a really nice train set with this train. (...) I like the dark gray inverse slopes. Have you tried installing the same 1/4-curved-top bricks that you use for the roof on underside of the train (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Containers

IRL name and logo plates are often welded onto the rib bulges so "appear" to stick out. However they don't actually do so due to clearance reasons. If you're not going to be stacking your sebulba container next to other containers and not going to (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Containers

I made some 6 wide trailers way back when I was first playing with train LEGO. But since then I have been mostly 4 wide. Not because it's right. It isn't. IRL trailers and boxcars are almost exactly the same width, (10' 6" I think) and 6 wide (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Containers

(...) I think I see one thing which doesn't meet my criteria, the tile will not be flush with the surface of the wall, it will stick out 1/2 plate thickness. My solution leaves it flush with the surface of the wall. I don't mind not having an (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Containers

(...) Thin walls. Here's my solution, only problem being it requires a 1x2 orange thin wall. I don't think they exist (yet). I just built this on a 4x4 plate to try it out, hopefully you can follow along. On your black 4x4 plate at the center edge, (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  WAMALUG heads underground

Here's a few shots of a study I did for the next WAMALUG layout, a model of the WMATA Metrorail system. We have been talking for a long time about adding a model of the metro system to our layout. If our plan works we will start work on special (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Containers

Larry, I thought you were a six wide truck guy? I guess I was thinking of someone else. I have been wondering the same thing; should I make containers 4 wide or six wide. 4 wide means I am ok with the old style containers and I can continue using (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Containers

I've had the luck of being allowed access to the Local Harbors here thru a few nice Steveadores (Wish I had their jobs thought. They pay good money.) and I've learned that Containers come in all shapes and sizes. I have nearly 200+ Reference Photos (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Containers

(...) Yea, with a wide enough area, one could use the 2x2/2x2 brackets. It would need a depth of 4 for each side though (meaning a container at least 8 wide). There might also be ways to use the 1x1 brick with studs on all 4 sides. Unfortuantely, to (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Containers

(...) With some creative engineering, you should probably be able to fit create just a 2x2 area, but you might have to sacrifice some interior space... --Bram Bram Lambrecht / o o \ BramL@juno.com ---...---oooo-----(_...o---...--- WWW: (URL) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: 8 wide Metroliner

(...) I don't know if you noticed but I used dark gray inverse slopes underneath. They really help hint at the curvature the way light gray or black do not. It was a total accident, I had alot of dark gray slopes and diddn't have many light gray (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 wide Metroliner

Looks a lot like the real metroliner, although the loco looks a little uhh... fast for this train. (I'm looking at a pic in the book "Supertrains", which is a great book for pics of fast trains) Alan Random set: <set:6373> (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Containers

I've been building my trailers 6x28 so when I start working on some containers, I am going to use the same size. Never seen the 1651, now that is cool. (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Containers

Carbon 60 wrote in message ... (...) have (...) sea (...) different (...) fill (...) Oh, cool. There's the 1x6x5 window in another color - grey (or is it white)! With shutters to boot. Frank (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: 8 wide Metroliner

Neat. You got the RDC shell appearance as close as you can without being able to do the tumblehome. Better than John did, actually. But man that's a lot of corrugated! (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 wide Metroliner

That's the one. Here's my version: (URL) 6 wide and uses no train windows (except for the doors). I liked that currogated brick design so much I had to try it out. I used the pictures of the o gauge metroliner at the train show for the (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Containers

Oh man, why didn't TLG do all their containers the same as 1651?? The Ccolor Line and Maersk newer promo sets use 4x12 containers. They're plug compatible, at least sort of. I use a 2x2 tile every 4 studs so a 4x8 has 2 and a 4x12 has 3. Most of the (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: 8 wide Metroliner

Thanks, Kev. I have pics on your site;-) (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Containers

(...) There is a standard LEGO Container size which lorries, trucks and the 1991 sea ports all used - 4x8 in plan. The Maersk and Color Line trucks have different size containers. Set 1651 the old Maersk truck: (URL) 6 wide containers I think they (...) (25 years ago, 12-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Containers

I've been on and off thinking about containers (for ships, trucks, and trains). One of the things I'm wondering is if all the LEGO sets which have containers use the same dimensions? The other thing I'm wondering is if I should set my own standards (...) (25 years ago, 12-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: 8 wide Metroliner

(...) It's John Neal's, there's a pic somewhere on Paul Foster's site,`I think but all those pics take a long time to load. Alan Random set: <set:6571>6571</set> (25 years ago, 12-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  8 wide Metroliner

I'm trying to find a picture that someone had of an 8-wide metroliner coach that used gray corrougated bricks. I used that and (URL) inspiration for a new 6-wide metroliner. I should have pics up after tomorrows WAMALUG meeting and I want to give (...) (25 years ago, 12-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The real 4560/1...

(...) If you've been to this site already, go again, since its had an update. Alan Random set: <set:2538> (25 years ago, 12-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I think they're getting the message

(...) While that's good for us no matter what it means, I suspect that they like the way it occupies the kids freeing the adults to check out the "real stuff". Of course the reality is that we had more adults than childeren check out our display :) (...) (25 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: The real 4560/1...

I like the way the train station has two different styles. From one side it is big and imposing, and from the other it is more reserved. I also like his Islander engine. It is very funny. Chris (...) (25 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train:Swiss City Express w/Panorama Car

(...) From Model Team set #5542 Black Thunder helicopter. They are used for the skid support legs; two per side. later, James Mathi (25 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The real 4560/1...

Wow, I really like that train and his other models are fantastic as well. The castle train statio is great! Thomas Main <main@appstate.edu> wrote in message news:Fr7v7o.5yI@lugnet.com... (...) loco: (...) (25 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I think they're getting the message

(...) That is an excellent quote! It shows how much respect all the LTCs around the world are starting to get from the 'old-school' model railroading community! When the GMLTC was at last year's NMRA 'National' show, we got nothing but good (...) (25 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: The real 4560/1...

(...) Sounds like a plan to me. Nothing like some serious solitude to work on Lego projects. (25 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

It looks pretty neat. Where did you get those gray curved pieces that you used on top of the middle car? I don't think I've seen pieces like that previously. Brad James Mathis <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:Fr8EI2.DCK@lugnet.com... (...) (...) (25 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  I think they're getting the message

While I was setting up at the local NMRA train show here in Atlanta today, I heard an interesting comment that I thought yall would enjoy. The organizer of the show was very curious about LEGO trains, I could tell that he wasn't sure if he was ready (...) (25 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: The real 4560/1...

Greetings !! Tokyo is very cold today and how about you: (...) The page you are talking about is Mr KAKI's LEGO page. I don't know his real name ,sorry. He is just an amateur modeler,but the works he built are great !! I hear he lives in a log house (...) (25 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  New train:Swiss City Express w/Panorama Car

This model isn't much to get excited about, but it was something "new" to work on last night. It's simple, that's for sure! (URL) panorama car could stand to be at least one plate taller, but I'm not sure at what level or color to make the (...) (25 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: No LEGOFest...

(...) Ha! Damn. The fact that I get this joke means that I have been spending WAY too much time on Lugnet lately. Will (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: The real 4560/1...

(...) I did a bit of poking around on that site until I found the (his/her?: I do not understand japanese) main lego page: (URL) is some really neat stuff on that page and it provides clickable thumbnails to many wonderful pictures. I wonder who (...) (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  The real 4560/1...

While surfing through some Japanese LEGO sites and I found a pic of this loco: (URL) is the sort of thing the 4560/1 should have been. -- Thomas Main main@appstate.edu (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New picts: 5-car BOB passenger train

(...) As I said before: James is one of my gods in the Lego® hall of fame..... Leg godt! Ben (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New picts: 5-car BOB passenger train

(...) It is very nice to cycle through the "older" models and revise and expand them. Ever since I saw photos of the real-life BOB in its complement of 5-cars, I have wished to add on to my LEGO BOB. I'm not quite satisfied with the train set, yet; (...) (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New picts: 5-car BOB passenger train

(...) James, You've done it again! Isn't it great how you can stop on a project when you think it's perfect, come back to it later and improve on it even still. That BOB is now a complete model ready for a show! Man, you've been on a roll here (...) (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Station

(...) <legoman34@mindspring.com> (...) <snip> (...) <more snippage> (...) Ok... More pictures are up, with said lamp-posts, and all the rest. Rich (...) (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Station

I like the idea that it is inspired by, but better than the LEGO Metro Station. Very nice. Chris (...) (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Station

(...) as (...) nest (...) and (...) Yes.. very nice, but un-obtainable at this time. I'm using, (from the bottom up,) a 2x2 round gray plate, 3 full on brick Techic bushings pushed onto a 10 brick long Technic axle, with a 2x2 round trans-yellow (...) (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Station

(...) Lampposts... blue... ah yes, take a look at this: (URL) might be worth picking up a few copies, especially since lampposts tend to sell for so much anyway. Rob +---...---+ | Rob Farver - rfarver@rcn.com | | (URL) | | (URL) | +---...---+ (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New picts: 5-car BOB passenger train

(...) have (...) Wonderful work. What else can I say? Rich -- Have Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 ***** Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (No, I don't work for TLC, but I want to...) Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70 Visit (URL) & (URL) wait is over...) (...) (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  New picts: 5-car BOB passenger train

I've worked an update to my likeness of a German BOB passenger train set. Major update is that the train is now a more realistic full-complement train set of 5 cars. Only three cars have wheels. The cars with red doors don't have any wheels; they're (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Blue Station

Hi all. It's a boring day, so to brighten it up, and to give some eyecandy to some of you suffering in the last hours of work, here's my version of the Metro Station. It's done in blue with accent in gray. It's got extra wings for ramps to the (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: No LEGOFest...

Richard Schamus wrote: <snip> (...) actually, with that set you throw them out the 1x4x3 transparent blue thin wall. -- dave (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: WAMALUG and Parts Unknown

(...) ...It looks horrible! The undeniable taint destroys any other artistic merit there may be.... oh the shame... ...you can go back to ignoring me now... wubwub stephen f roberts wildlink.com lugnet #160 (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: WAMALUG and Parts Unknown

(...) ...No!!! More pollution on our pristine tables!!! The horror!!! I wonder if there is a 12 step problem to cure rich of this horrible affliction. ...you can go back to ignoring me now... wubwub stephen f roberts wildlink.com lugnet #160 (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: No LEGOFest...

Rich, Well apart from the Lego situation its a very nice place. If you ever want a place where you can visit and just think about lego without actually having any, It'd be perfect. We might even let you in on our secrets to thinking about LOTS of (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact