 Trains / 4791
Re: Containers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 04:18:39 GMT

Par-wha?

Kela Akira Kitkowski wrote:

By chance, was the starting point of the "known" Lego Double-Stacks?

This sentence didn't parse for me. But I surmise that I agree. 4549 and
other 4 wide containers set the standard that I work from

I'm
inclined to believe that the starting point for this is  4549 Road 'N Rail
Hauler. I found a set with the viechles and the figures gone, and all that's
left is 1 of the small containers and the car itself.

And don't buy CSX yet....they still need to iron out the Post-Conrail
jitters.

It's just mad money, maybe a grand or two... so I don't have to time the
bottom exactly.

So who wants to lay odds on whether it's BN-CN-CSX and UP-CP-NS or
BN-CN-NS and UP-CP-CSX ?
UP and CSX are a better fit, more arrogant and less competent upper
management than BN and NS. NS is quiet but gets it done.... IMHO

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!