 Trains / 4748
Re: Containers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 02:51:00 GMT

Carbon 60 wrote in message ...
In lugnet.trains, Frank Filz writes:
I've been on and off thinking about containers (for ships, trucks, and
trains). One of the things I'm wondering is if all the LEGO sets which • have
containers use the same dimensions? The other thing I'm wondering is if I
should set my own standards and make them 6 wide. I do plan on making most
of my trucks 6 wide.

There is a standard LEGO Container size which lorries, trucks and the 1991 • sea
ports all used - 4x8 in plan.  The Maersk and Color Line trucks have • different
size containers.

Set 1651 the old Maersk truck:
http://nt1.pncl.co.uk/huw/view.asp?Set=1651-1
used 6 wide containers I think they look much better on trains since they • fill
the whole area like in real life.  I intend to build to this scale.

Oh, cool. There's the 1x6x5 window in another color - grey (or is it white)!
With shutters to boot.

Frank