 Trains / 4753
Re: Containers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 05:42:48 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Bram Lambrecht writes:
"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> writes:
Unfortunately, my scheme works in terms of 2x4 tiled areas, which
means I  need to build a 4x4 tiled area with the "Sebulba" 2x2 tile
in the center

With some creative engineering, you should probably be able to fit create
just a 2x2 area, but you might have to sacrifice some interior space...

Yea, with a wide enough area, one could use the 2x2/2x2 brackets. It would
need a depth of 4 for each side though (meaning a container at least 8 wide).

There might also be ways to use the 1x1 brick with studs on all 4 sides.

Unfortuantely, to use the 2x2 Selbulba tile, and match up the orange and black
parts with adjacent bricks, it needs to be 1/2 plate above the brick boundary
since the 2 stud width corresponds to a 5 plate height, so each half is 2.5
plates high.

What elements besides a 1x1 brick w/recessed side stud and the 1x4/1x2 bracket
have a half plate dimension?

Frank