 Trains / 4787
Re: Containers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 03:59:27 GMT

By chance, was the starting point of the "known" Lego Double-Stacks? I'm
inclined to believe that the starting point for this is  4549 Road 'N Rail
Hauler. I found a set with the viechles and the figures gone, and all that's
left is 1 of the small containers and the car itself.

And don't buy CSX yet....they still need to iron out the Post-Conrail
jitters.

If you mean an articulated doublestack... There are at least three
examples extant. PNLTC members have one, I have one, and I forget who
else. Mine is on my "containers" page. Like you I'm an ex MR and
container crazy, it's one of my favorite parts of the prototype. Not to
mention that it has motivated railroads to run faster and more
efficiently and compete for the business, which is a good thing for the
health of railroads.

I can say that because I just bought BNI, UNP and NSC stock... trying to
decide if I should buy some CSX too.

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!