 Trains / 4761
Re: 8 wide Metroliner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 16:53:16 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Kevin Loch writes:
Neat. You got the RDC shell appearance as close as you can without being
able to do the tumblehome. Better than John did, actually. But man
that's a lot of corrugated!

Sure is a lot of corrugated.  Wow!

Kevin has made a really nice train set with this train.

I don't know if you noticed but I used dark gray inverse slopes underneath.
They really help hint at the curvature the way light gray or black
do not.  It was a total accident, I had alot of dark gray slopes
and diddn't have many light gray ones.  I think it has something
to do with the "shadow" effect, like with 3D graphical widgets.

I like the dark gray inverse slopes.  Have you tried installing the same
1/4-curved-top bricks that you use for the roof on underside of the train cars?
  They'd need to be flipped upside-down:  mounted "studs-facing-down".  You'd
only have the color choice of black or gray, but you would have the curvature.
Maybe that's not the proper curve?  Maybe dark gray is best?  Dunno.
The train set looks great regardless!

I can't wait for the MF, so I can get the gray roof nose piece.

Me neither!

later,
James Mathis