 Trains / *15569 (-100)
  Re: Track? MOC or New?

(...) I'd like to comment a little on this, I've thought about the logistics... First, model trains have flex track, one rail is usually permenant, while the other slides. Also, they have pure metal rails, now with LEGO track, there is plastic under (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  sticker on 7760

Hi, Can someone mail me the text on the side of the 7760 Diesel Shunter. This is what I could make of it from the brickshelf scan: Gew Lok Br | P52t | G41t _ _ _ = = = Please mail me direct, Jeroen (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Making a splash at BricksWest

Maybe I just might build a ramp system after all????? Adrian BTW I send out photos of my newest suspension bridge before Friday, almost done. ----- Original Message ----- From: <rpowell@SOUNDVET.com> To: <ted@michon.com>; <adr.egli@att.net>; (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Bricktopia Park Train Station

This is the latest addition to Bricktopia. It is another train station on the far side of town. This one is significantly smaller than the primary transit terminal, but still has some interesting architectural features to it. (URL) usual, on the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Track? MOC or New?

(...) Not necessarily. That's the conventional way to do it, yes... but what if there were sliding parts at each tie point? in that case the outer rail would "get longer" so to speak, with no cutting needed. Might be frightfully expensive though. (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track? MOC or New?

(...) I'm not sure LEGO flex track would work very well. Flex track needs to be cut to fit. Frank (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track? MOC or New?

(...) I'd tend to agree with your thoughts on spacing - the other question is, do they make the sections 22.5 deg to match the current ones, or do they go to 11.25 deg to make the sections smaller? Or maybe even 15 deg (24 per circle), or 18 deg (20 (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track? MOC or New?

(...) I would guess at half- or quarter-straights first, as it seems that they'd have even less R&D... but what do I know. It's all just speculation, eh? -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track? MOC or New?

(...) Roger that. Just ONE new mold, and a rather simple one at that, and all of a sudden a lot of people are a lot happier. But here's the rub. WHAT new radius? I would argue a radius that is just larger than the current one by the "standard" (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track? MOC or New?

I think we are closer to seeing a new larger track radius than anything else, mostly cause it seems like the least R&D dollars and is backwardly compatible with all other track elements. SteveB (...) (23 years ago, 17-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track? MOC or New?

(...) What would I like to see track wise? - Automated turnouts as you mention - A new larger curve radius, probably 16 studs larger - 4 stud and 8 stud track sections - New geometry turnouts + one which the divergent track is equivalent to one (...) (23 years ago, 17-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track? MOC or New?

I've toyed with the idea of modifying the points (switches): By removing a section of the turnout, two points can be placed turnout-to-turnout while keeping standard track centres and maintaining an overall length of 3 straights ;-) ...have a play (...) (23 years ago, 17-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track? MOC or New?

I have some ideas about flexible track which I intend to develop, but I think the current track geometry is too limited to be worth expanding. I *would* like to see new track parts, and a larger radius curve & new points would be top of my list. On (...) (23 years ago, 17-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Track? MOC or New?

I am waiting for ten years now to get automated points, stops and decouplers, as well as new track parts. I am wondering what the train community would like to see as new track parts or automation. I have some examples on brickshelf: (URL) anyone (...) (23 years ago, 17-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: www.LEGO.com/trains updated!

Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:3C1E04C5.7C25D2...ing.com... (...) and (...) (URL) > What is this window piece? I don't remember seeing this before. It looks (...) section. (...) (URL) are red pantographs... (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 17-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: www.LEGO.com/trains updated!

(...) The picture descriptions mentioned that these were prototype models, so I'm pretty sure that's a prototype piece. It does look good, but somehow I wouldn't expect it to come out. Frank (23 years ago, 17-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: www.LEGO.com/trains updated!

Hi Guys, I have just been reading the interview with Jorn Thomsen on this site and was looking through the pictures of his creations. My question is, in this picture; (URL) is this window piece? I don't remember seeing this before. It looks like the (...) (23 years ago, 17-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: www.LEGO.com/trains updated!

Train news from Jake. (...) (23 years ago, 17-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Christmas Layout and MOC Train Car

(...) Under the tree downstairs. This is actually in the kid's playroom. My wife kicked us out of the family room because we didn't have room for presents <g> :-) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Christmas Layout and MOC Train Car

(...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Christmas Layout and MOC Train Car

Hi All, First of all, Happy Holidays. This is my first POST to Lugnet where I am not trying to buy something. I'm sure it won't be my last. My stepsons and I decided to build a train layout under the tree this year, and true to form for us, it ended (...) (23 years ago, 15-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Old Train Wheels Question

(...) I saw a 4-2-0 on TV last night! On that "Transcontinental Railroads" [USA] show... Josh (23 years ago, 15-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Old Train Wheels Question

From: Tony Hafner <hafhead@PANTSplanetquake.com> (...) the (...) a (...) the (...) it's (...) small (...) on (...) in (...) <set:162>. These were also in a few other sets. Another idea is to "kill" an old battery car (availible at LD, atl least in (...) (23 years ago, 15-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Announces OMSI Show Pictures are On Line

Same thing with me, thumb-nails work but nothing else. (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Announces OMSI Show Pictures are On Line

(...) I found the problem (bad directory name) and fixed it. Sorry about that - it is working now! Go to www.pnltc.org and there is a link to the new gallery. Be sure to hit "refresh" on your browser if the large pictures don't show on your first (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Announces OMSI Show Pictures are On Line

(...) I went to the gallery and all the Thumbnails are working OK but the links are not. I checked on both Netscape and IE an I can't view the larger pictures on either. Eric K. (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  PNLTC Announces OMSI Show Pictures are On Line

The Pacific Northwest Lego Train Club just presented our 5th annual show at the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) for their Science and Art of Toys exhibit. All participants agreed that this was our best OMSI exhibit to date. Highlights (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Request for lending a 9V transformer in the Toronto area...

(...) Thanks a lot Calum! You have saved the christmas eve for a kid! I wrote to you via mail already, but wanted to take the chance to say a thank you right here too. We would be happy to take the chance. Hennings brother (father of the kid) will (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Request for lending a 9V transformer in the Toronto area...

(...) IIRC given a 3225 and track only, he'll need a full 4548 Speed Regulator package, which includes a AC adapter transformer, a speed regulator itself (the black panel with the big yellow knob) and a track tap wire. I've got several extra (due to (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Request for lending a 9V transformer in the Toronto area...

What about going to radioshack/canadian tire and buying a universal transformer? They arent very expensive. However, I dont know what the characteristics of a lego train tranformer are. Of course, since this is Toronto, a visit to Active Surplus (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Request for lending a 9V transformer in the Toronto area...

(...) Hi Reinhard, I can certainly lend a transformer/track tap/speedreg for the Christmas holidays until his package arrives from S@H. I'll email you my contact info. Calum (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Request for lending a 9V transformer in the Toronto area...

Dear Lugnetters from Toronto! A collegue of mine - Henning Schlums - has sent a 3225 train set as christmas present to his young nephew who lives in Toronto / Markham. Additionally he has ordered some straight and curved track plus the 9V (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: The LEGO Train Depot train picture of the week

Hi James, thanks for showing the BR 10 on the NGLTC-website! Well done, I'll check this site regular to see what's next. Regards and Thanks, HoMa (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Who all is coming to the meet?

(...) that would be good! I would love to have some idea who's coming. for the headcount: I'll be there... probably ;) cheers! Joel K ___...___ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: (URL) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.trains.org.niltc)

  Re: Old Train Wheels Question

(...) [snip] (...) [snip] (...) There were at least two styles of the red wheels, depending on the applications - loco wheels (with the outline of a loco on the back) which were shaped to hold the traction tyre, and wagon wheels (with the outline of (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Old Train Wheels Question

(...) Thanks, Tony. A 4-4-0 was what I had in mind because the Hogwart's train "as is" is too short a train for a 6-4-0 arrangement. BTW, I had no idea that "Thatcher Perkins" was the name of a real world train -- that's how little I know... -- (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Old Train Wheels Question

(...) A 4-2-0 arrangement certainly existed - was commonly called the "Jervis" after it's inventor. There's a list of (American) steam loco wheel arrangements here (URL) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Old Train Wheels Question

(...) The Lego one was push-only, yes. Though there is plenty of room to fit in a 4.5v motor from that era. If done correctly, it wouldn't look much different from the outside. (...) Those metal-axled wheels came in black as well. I have some from (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Who all is coming to the meet?

Can we get a public headcount of who is coming to the meeting? I'm coming, and bringing Brandon Grifford and Ondrew Hartigan, possibly a third person as well. See you all there! -Tim (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.trains.org.niltc)

  Old Train Wheels Question

Hey Y'all: I have been up to something not very imaginative here: namely converting the Hogwart's push thingy into a kind of Thatcher Perkins push thingy. The Thatcher Perkins is (has always been) a push train, right? One of the things I'd like to (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  The LEGO Train Depot train picture of the week

The LEGO Train Depot train picture of the week is Holger Matthes' German BR 10 steam engine. Not only is it a great picture of his engine but is posed on a very nice bridge stucture. And the picture being taken outside really adds a great background (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HP Hogwarts Express and normal 9V trains?

(...) Yes. (...) Yup. (...) Yes. (...) Yes. (...) Or that means that the train isn't compatible with tracks at all, being just a push toy. -John (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

  Re: HP Hogwarts Express and normal 9V trains?

Hello! Excuse me for being dense, but I'd like to make sure I understand this: (...) So if I'd give my kids the HP train, they'd have to cannibalize their existing 9V set in order to put the HP on the rails (not to mention motorization)? Or I'd have (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

  Re: ISCC ENTRY: "Bessie" steam locomotive

(...) Very well done, John! Excellent representation of your creative use of elements. Ed (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Rail Racers domain

Rail Racers now have their own domain so you can visit them at: (URL) for the interest and get those racers ready! jt (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail Racers web site

Yes, the trains are actually driven with standard train speed controllers. As for spinning out at the start, if you build the train just right you can prevent it from spinning out. There is a fine line between making it too heavy as to drag down (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SCLTC News

(...) I think the cost of admission is $7.00 but I remember seeing some sort of discount coupon on their site: www.gats.com. A mech train would be a lot of fun. Maybe we can come up with something for Brickswest. Robert (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: SCLTC News

(...) Awesome Robert, I will definately make an effort to be there. Is there a cost to get in, and if so how much? I think Lugola should definately try to organize to support you guys as much as possible. Any ideas? (How about Bryce making a mech (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  SCLTC News

Hello Everyone, I am pleased to announce that the SCLTC will display it's first layout at the Anaheim GATS on January 5th and 6th at the Anaheim Convention Center. I hope some of you can come and check out our inaugural effort. Also, Thomas Michon (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.lugola) !

  (small) trainposterpage update

Hi all, Some small updates on (URL) will be no TIF-files to be downloaded (no one asked...), the first photo is in the gallery (thanks Bob Hayes!) and there is a sneak preview of a new project... (read "the future" and click "see preview"). Jeroen (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets)

  Re: train idea book

Great idea! I'll try to contribute cars and the goose, but I'll definitely be a purchasing customer!! Question - why are you limiting the items to be included? If it going to be a PDF document(s), there's no realistic limit other than the capacity (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train idea book

Wow, so many posts! Thanks for the support (and concerns as well). I won't be back on the LUGNET till Friday so here are a few thoughts: -Someone has volunteered to co-edit the book with me. -The idea of a committee to decide/review models is a good (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Base

"Lester Witter" <witter@erim-int.com> wrote in message news:Go8CJH.8I5@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) same (...) non-trivial. Can (...) train (...) Train bases are two plates tall but the underside is recessed. You can achieve the same thickness by (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train idea book

"Lester Witter" <witter@erim-int.com> wrote in message news:Go8Btz.6yw@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) to be (...) instruction (...) There is no doubt that some of the parts (specifically the classic yellow windows and the red train (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Base

I was developing a train MOC and did not have a correct size train base. I tried to build one out of plates but when I was done it did not sit at the same level as a car on an actual train base. I realized that a train base is actually differnt in a (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train idea book

(...) I really like this model but if you are making an idea book then you need to be careful. Where would someone that likes this model get the part in step 7. Another consideration is color. If the book is intended for download and printing some (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail Racers web site

(...) You get to "drive" your train right? I assume the trains can't just go full blast from the start because of traction problems? (I hope! there's gotta be some skill involved) I noticed the light tree and computer set up. Cool! Now I gotta know, (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train idea book

"steve barile" <steve.e.barile@intel.com> wrote in message news:Go6ytq.Knv@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) layout (...) [ ... snipped ... ] Steve has some really good points. It is a long way from a finished L-Draw file to a usable set of (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail Racers web site

Cool, you listed the Jacksonville, Florida racing event and um, a, oh, train show:) The all new RobRail FireStorm will be ready to race! And win:) See Ya... Robin W Greater Florida LEGO Train Club - www.gfltc.org (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of Seattle GATS 2001 now on PNLTC site!

(...) Chris, We choose to use JavaScript because it streamlines the process of updating our site. This is a critical feature for us, since club members would prefer to spend the bulk of our free time building MOCs, not building web pages. Thanks. (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ISCC ENTRY: "Bessie" steam locomotive

(...) Hello John, now your entry is on the contest-sites too: (URL) the song text into the story was a nice idea, so I hope this is OK: (URL) shows your train with the original song as background :-) Kind Regards, René (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Important: Maybe a misunderstanding in the ISCC rules

Hello, Maybe a misunderstanding in the rules for the ISCC causes less entries. There is the sentence: "Do not send in contributions that are already known, as we want original works." It only means, that the entries need to were unknown or were not (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.space) !!

  Rail Racers web site

I would like to announce that the Official Rail Racers™ web site has gone live. You can visit the site at: (URL) and get the latest information on Rail Racers™ events, rules & regulations, race galleries and track setups. (Galleries and Track Setup (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org) !

  Re: train idea book

Hi Christopher, I wont be able to make any large contributions. But the idea is great, compliments. The hard part would be the selection of pics and models. Their a lot of pics all over this community concerning home made trains. (...) But please (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train idea book

I think this is a great idea, but there is a reason why there aren't a few of these out already. Here are some hard questions/comments... Costs: The printing cost for a 64 page book 11-1/2" x 11" is ~$27.00 ($0.39/page + $2.00 binding) from a copy (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train idea book

Hi Christopher, I just read your idea about the "Train Idea Book" in pdf format! The idea is just great and I really want to bring my input. For example some step-by-step pictures of my tanker using the 1/4 rounded wall elementes from Droid Escape. (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train idea book

(...) Thanks (...) better since it doesn't use hard-to-find wheels. It's a tough choice as they are both excellent models. (...) I've thought about do this. It's the week before finals week here and I've got papers to grade and a take home final to (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train idea book

(...) Hi Chris, I also think this is a fantastic idea. Based on our experiences at Train Shows, I'm guessing that we could easily sell a couple hundred each time. Even a small profit margin makes this pretty durn attractive from a LEGO-club budget (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train idea book

You are welcome to include my 440 class steam locomotive and related rolling stock, if you want. If you want the .dat files, let me know. I am not 100% sure that all the parts accually exist in those colors though. If they dont, we can redesign the (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train idea book

(...) Great idea! You're welcome to include my N-class (URL) (or any of the other stuff there). ROSCO (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train idea book

I just wanted to add that even though I am a proud member of the 8wide club, the book is not going to be limited to either width(8 vs 6- no 14wides allowed ;). -chris (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train idea book

I think this is a fantastic idea - speaking as someone who has just recently got back into Lego after a looooong period away and has moved into Lego trains for the first time (I had always wanted Lego trains when I was a kid, but never got one!) (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train idea book

(...) Thanks Jason, I have the livestock wagon marked as a canidate. If you come up with other ideas that would be great as well. The alternate idea is interesting but I don't know how to say build this with set 100?? with out potential legal issues (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train idea book

Zhengrong, Thanks for the compliments and the idea. I'm currently hesitant about including RCX automation in the first one, simply because of the space requirement for the potentially long instructions. There's also the issues with programming (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train idea book

This is a great idea. I think you should consider RCX Controlled Train layouts with a lot of addtional automaton equipments, for example, Auto Switch Point, Bulk Load/Unload Station, Container Load/Unload Station, Passenger Station and so on. (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train idea book

(...) Oh I knew there would be a day that I have to break down and learn lDraw. I was thinking of doing my open hopper cars ((URL) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train idea book

(...) I do want to include some of this in the first one. Maybe the beauty shots of the model could be taken on club layouts and there could be a little blurb about the club on the page. Something like "some-LTC was formed in 1999 and has done x (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train idea book

(...) Ahh, good idea, that would be much more cost effective. If this is successful then we could push for a more complete LEGO Train book, not just ideas but train history, train collectors, train builders, custom model makers..you get the idea. (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ISCC ENTRY: "Bessie" steam locomotive

Thanks for the great praise Ben, from you it means alot. Your work along with Larry P.'s is what got me into the Train field to begin with. The Geocities server is back up, I've got the images hosted on my alias geocities, not as good as Brickshelf, (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: train idea book

This seems as good as a place as any to reply to. Thanks to everyone who replied via email and on this board with their designs and support. (...) I would also like it to be a showcase of the clubs. Remember how the LEGO idea books had photo's of (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train idea book

Chris, I've posted this idea in the past also, but just haven't had the time or the "fire under my a@@" to do it. But I think it would be a great idea, there are a lot of great designs floating around here in LUGNET and putting them into one (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Repair of Blue 12v remote points

I have repaired mine some time ago, and the tips from my side is: Do notice that it requies a 3 wire control! 2 wires aren't just enough! My problem were the toothwheels, note that you set them just right! One coil was broken, I had to loose a few (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

Your site is shutting down quite often. ozbricks wants Lego content. They are offering 50 meg with no advertising yet. (URL) them out. -- Bob Fay THE SHOP (URL) Rudy" <TJJohn12@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message news:Go4nM2.8xo@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: ISCC ENTRY: "Bessie" steam locomotive

(...) Thanks John! You really have come with a brilliant first train MOC site into lugnet trains. I especially love your way to put the train in scene. You are a great photographer too (and I think your camera is much better than mine). That (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  ISCC ENTRY: "Bessie" steam locomotive

Hi All, This is my first Train MOC released to the community, enjoy... (URL) accepted! -John Rudy www.geocities.com/TJJohn12 (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: train idea book

(...) Chris - I love this idea. You can have my livestock wagon for a start - email me if you want the DAT: (URL) will soon be followed by a tan locomotive I'm working on. I've tried a few alternates using nothing but the M-o-T Hopper Wagon too; (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 740 Transformer in grey

(...) I just know about grey ones, but so far nobody was sure about, if it is extra old or maybe the youngest generation of 740. Some people even guessed this could have been the version for window displays at toy shops (You find hundreds of glued (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Milwaukee AFOL/NILTC meet; December 15th, 2001

Reminder to everyone! Meeting at Joel Kuester's next Saturday in Milwaukee. See quoted message below. See you all there!! -Tim "Joel Kuester" <septenemae@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Gn0Js2.9yC@lugnet.com... (...) that (...) planned (...) (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.people)

  Re: 740 Transformer in grey

(...) Hmm, must be for real, I just saw another grey one. Frank (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Repair of Blue 12v remote points

Does anyone have any tips for repair of blue 12v remote points? I got an auction lot recently with 5 points, but most aren't working well. One is definitely missing parts, some of the others will activate ok in the direction which the rod pulls the (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  740 Transformer in grey

I was just perusing eBay and saw an interesting item, a grey 740 12v transformer: (URL) anyone know if 740 was released in grey at all or could someone have painted their transformer? Frank (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  train idea book

The idea of a fan-created train idea book has been floating around these groups for a while now, but to the best of my knowledge a final version of one has never been produced. I decided today, that I would like to spearhead (1)the production of a (...) (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org) !!

  Re: Pictures of Seattle GATS 2001 now on PNLTC site!

(...) Well, this isn't exactly a bug report, but... I visited the pages. Everything I tried to look at, other than top-level pages, was blank. I examined the page sources, and saw that they are 100% JavaScript, which I virtually always have turned (...) (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train DAT-files available now!

(...) And by the way, the Tanker .dat is still missing the small technic style steering wheel part. Steve Bliss may have started working on the development of that part, but I'm not sure if he has had any luck. Jake --- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET Member (...) (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets)

  Re: Train history for Brickfest 2002

(...) Cary,at this past years brickfest we used wamalugs tables...if we can get a height from them i'm sure we can get something close.Someone mentioned a spiral....at the last BF Troy C,Ken C. and myself built a spiral from a stage to the floor (...) (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steve Barile's article at Trains.com

(...) on (...) I'm (...) big (...) and (...) It (...) Not bad at all, looks like you are well organised. and a month long display... that a lot of tour to take at the store. was there always someone from your group there or everything was behind (...) (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Train DAT-files available now!

Thanks for the information Damien. -- Bob Fay THE SHOP (URL) Guichard" <damien.guichard@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:Go1wsI.1I8@lugnet.com... (...) Tracker. (...) (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets)

  GFLTC/GFLUG at GATS Tampa, Florida

LEGO Fans, The Greater Florida LEGO Train Club (GFLTC) will have a layout at the Great American Train Show, December 15 and 16, 2001 in Tampa, Florida. Also stop in on one of four free work shop on LEGO Trains presented by the members of GFLTC. (...) (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug)

  Pictures of Seattle GATS 2001 now on PNLTC site!

The Pacific Northwest Lego Train Club had a great show this year at GATS in Seattle the weekend of November 17th. The spectators honored us with 2nd place in the layout competition! We now have 115 pictures from the show on our Galleries pages at (...) (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train DAT-files available now!

(...) These 3 parts, as well as many other unofficial parts, are actually accessible from the main LDraw.org page. In the right-most column there is an Off-site link: Temporary Parts Tracker. Just follow the link, the 3 mentioned parts are in the (...) (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact