 Trains / 14226
Re: train idea book
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 03:00:23 GMT

James J. Trobaugh wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Christopher Tracey writes:
James J. Trobaugh wrote:
What I invisioned was a real bound book with a CD included that had the
ldraw files for the designs.

Interesting.   I was envisioning a bound 9x12" book with glossy
cardstock cover, stapled on the fold.  Probably only 64 pages, so it
would be similar to a LEGO idea book.

Ahh, good idea, that would be much more cost effective. If this is
successful then we could push for a more complete LEGO Train book, not just
ideas but train history, train collectors, train builders, custom model
makers..you get the idea.

I do want to include some of this in the first one.  Maybe the beauty
shots of the model could be taken on club layouts and there could be a
little blurb about the club on the page.  Something like "some-LTC was
formed in 1999 and has done x number of shows. blah blah blah" with
their web address and contact info.  This could also be used to show
that there is a large number of LTC's out there.  Clubs, let me know
what you think of this idea.

The CD is a good idea.

If it is successful, I would like to put an idea book out every two
years.

Oh I agree, I know I could sell loads of these as long as the price is
right, keep it under $20 and it would pay for the single table in no time.
We have people always asking if we sell any of the designs on the layout, it
would be nice to say "yes" and take their money.

I'm hoping to get this for under $12 a piece.  Price is a long way off
though.

I would be willing to contribute a design. Keep me posted on what you need.

I would love any of your designs in the idea book.  Do you have any
ldrawed?

-chris