 Trains / 14247
Re: train idea book
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 11:56:23 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mike Walsh writes:

[ ... snipped ... ]

I have been selling custom train kits for a little over a year now.  I have
found that one of the biggest concerns prospective customers have is with
respect to instructions.  What do they look like?  Are they high quality?
Are they like LEGO instructions?  To address this issue I recently created a
set of instructions that are representative of what I deliver with my kits
and made them available for download from my web site.

http://www.carolinatrainbuilders.com/instructions/index.htm

http://www.carolinatrainbuilders.com/fmotm/index.htm

I really like this model but if you are making an idea book then you need to be
careful. Where would someone that likes this model get the part in step 7.
Another consideration is color. If the book is intended for download and
printing some people might not have a color printer. check how the instruction
print in black and white (there may be no fix on this issue).

Lester