 Trains / 14246
Re: Rail Racers web site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 06:42:23 GMT

In lugnet.announce, James Trobaugh writes:
http://www.ngltc.org/RailRacers/

WOW! I'm not a train fan, but I an a racing NUT and this looks awesome.

You get to "drive" your train right?  I assume the trains can't just go full
blast from the start because of traction problems? (I hope! there's gotta be
some skill involved)

I noticed the light tree and computer set up. Cool!

Now I gotta know, do you have light sensor's under the track (or something?)
to detect false starts, and timing on stuff   such as reaction time, trap
speed, and elapsed time?

Maybe I'm getting too ahead of myself, thinking this is too much like real
drag racing.  But I could have a BLAST with this if it were...

Sorry, if none of that makes sense. I'm a bit excited about the possibilities!

I've got to know more about this! I wanna start up my own bracket racing
group now... :P

---SteveR