 Trains / 14248
14247  |  14249
Subject:
Base
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 12:11:41 GMT

I was developing a train MOC and did not have a correct size  train base. I
tried to build one out of plates but when I was done it did not sit at the same
level as a car on an actual train base. I realized that a train base is
actually differnt in a way that makes duplicating it in plates non-trivial. Can
anyone point me to pictures or LDraw or instructions on how to build a train
base from parts that will line-up with a normal train base. Also "scratch
build" train bases without the "line-up" requirement. Do some builders use
technic beams and connectors?

Lester