 Trains / 14212
14211  |  14213
Subject:
train idea book
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Sun, 9 Dec 2001 21:18:29 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

The idea of a fan-created train idea book has been floating around these
groups for a while now, but to the best of my knowledge a final version
of one has never been produced.  I decided today, that I would like to
spearhead (1)the production of a train idea book, if there is enough
interest from the community.

What I would like to do is produce a book in pdf format that we can
distribute for free on lugnet and possibly print up a bunch so that the
various LTCs can use them as a fundraiser at events(2).

I think the book should be divided into sections:  Here's some tentative
ideas for sections:
-locomotives
-freight equipment
-passenger equipment
-MOW equipment
-trackside structures (signals, towers, etc)
-larger buildings (e.g. roundhouses, freighthouses, stations)
-details

I would like to use rendered ldraw images for the instructions along
with photos of the finished models(3).

So if you have any comments, criticisms or models in any of the
following areas and you want to submit them to the project, get in touch
with me.

-chris

1- if it's ok with anyone who previously tried an to work on the idea
book.
2- i know some venues have rules about this
3- what would be great is the model in a finished layout setting.