 Trains / 14266
14265  |  14267
Subject:
Request for lending a 9V transformer in the Toronto area...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 12:18:17 GMT

Dear Lugnetters from Toronto!

A collegue of mine - Henning Schlums - has sent a 3225 train set as christmas
present to his young nephew who lives in Toronto / Markham. Additionally he has
ordered some straight and curved track plus the 9V transformer from S@H a few
week ago, to make it a complete starter set.

Because of the different voltage in Germany - were we live - he has ordered
this stuff from here, but to be delivered - with correct voltage in Canada.

Today he got mail from S@H, that they are not able to deliver the transformer
in time to the Christmas fest any more. That means, there will be a little boy
on christmas eve, who gets a 3225 train set and some extra track, but he will
have no possibility to drive this train.

Can you imagine, what feelings this might cause on christmas eve?

Now: here is my begging for a big favour. I myself own several 9V transformers,
but it is too late to send a package to Toronto and the voltage would not fit.
Is anybody in Toronto able to lend a transformer to the family of the boy (for
a time till the ordered one arrives)? I think, there have to be lots of train
heads with lots of transformers in and around Toronto.

Any help would be highly appreaciated!

Thanks and a merry Christmas-time to you all!

Ben

P.s.: if you are able to help: please feel free to contact my collegue Henning
under:
h.schlums@tu-bs.de

He will contact you and provide you with the correct address of his nephew.
Maybe his father can get the transformer from you or which way ever?
(Please give feedback here in lugnet too, because one transformer will of
course be enough.)