 Trains / 14269
Re: Request for lending a 9V transformer in the Toronto area...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 16:14:45 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Trevyn Watson writes:
What about going to radioshack/canadian tire and buying a universal
transformer? They arent very expensive. However, I dont know what the
characteristics of a lego train tranformer are. Of course, since this is
Toronto, a visit to Active Surplus might turn up exactly what you need
(and more!).

IIRC given a 3225 and track only, he'll need a full 4548 Speed Regulator
package, which includes a AC adapter transformer, a speed regulator itself
(the black panel with the big yellow knob) and a track tap wire.

I've got several extra (due to buying up cheap 4559 and 4561's) so it's not
a big deal.  As long as I get it back, I don't mind lending it out for a
good cause!

Calum