 Trains / 14278
Re: Christmas Layout and MOC Train Car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 01:11:11 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Geoff Gray writes:
Hi All,

First of all, Happy Holidays.  This is my first POST to Lugnet where I am
not trying to buy something.  I'm sure it won't be my last.  My stepsons and
I decided to build a train layout under the tree this year, and true to form
for us, it ended up much larger than anticipated.  We have 3 different sets
of track with as many as 4 trains running at any one time.  A picture of the
layout can be found at:

http://geoffgr.cybersector.com/mypics/legos/pictures.asp?PicCount=1
Great layout but where do the presents go?

I have included in one of the trains my first attempt at designing a train
car.  It was originally designed for the train car contest, but due to
scheduling conflicts (I got married) I did not get it done in time to enter
it.  I have finished version 1 of it though.  It can be seen directly at:

http://geoffgr.cybersector.com/mypics/legos/pictures.asp?PicCount=2

Looks pretty good.
The car has got a bar inside with stools, and a grill, as well as a wetbar
serving area.  I will try to get good pictures of the inside soon if anyone
is interested.  In the meantime, I have created the DAT file for it if you
want the building instructions or just want to look around.  I want to
modify it some (now that Lego rereleased the Amtrak, I can get the proper
pieces to make it more true to the line) and will let you know when that is
done.  The DAT file can be gotten from:

http://geoffgr.cybersector.com/mypics/legos/train_bar_car.zip

Please let me kinow what you think. (the web site may be a little slow.
It's my home machine)

Geoff
:-)