 Trains / Train Organizations / 1872
Re: Steve Barile's article at Trains.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Sun, 9 Dec 2001 02:18:45 GMT

Martin Legault wrote:
In lugnet.trains.org, Dean Husby writes:

The Red and white box cars are not really my design, someone had • great
pics of them on Brickshelf. I'm planning on putting proper decals • on
them very soon.

I know, it is my design.

they can be see here:
and here at Train2

And a cute design. Mine is one brick higher and the doors are 1/5th
offset. I've also added a decal on the opposite side of the logo that
says "CP Rail".

Dean

The 1/5th offset make better door, I'll have to modify them. For my part • I'm
not to hot about sticker because they live glue mark but they do make a • big
difference. Any pic of the box car with sticker?

Here is a pic of our show Yesterday. There are other pics before and
after of my CN and other box cars and some strung together.

The decals REALLY bring a model alive!

Dean

I have to admit that the decal really make the difference,
the bad thing is that 2 days ago I walk by the hobby shop near where I live • and
it's now closed.I guest that I'll have to go elsewhere.

The extra plate on top of the boxcar is also good.

I also took time to look at all the pic from your show, really nice layout. • It
is impressive.

Martin

Not bad from 8 to 10 members eh?

We are currently doing a month long display in a mall in BC. The 15/16
weekend is the last showing for this layout before it is destroyed...

Dean

Not bad at all, looks like you are well organised. and a month long display...
that a lot of tour to take at the store. was there always someone from your
group there or everything was behind glass?

To bad we can't keep every thing we build, but that enable us to build even
more impressive layout the next time.

have fun building.

Martin