 Trains / Train Organizations / 1865
Re: Steve Barile's article at Trains.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Sun, 2 Dec 2001 23:05:13 GMT

Martin Legault wrote:

Martin Legault wrote:
In lugnet.trains.org, Dean Husby writes:

The Red and white box cars are not really my design, someone had • great
pics of them on Brickshelf. I'm planning on putting proper decals on
them very soon.

I know, it is my design.

they can be see here:
and here at Train2

And a cute design. Mine is one brick higher and the doors are 1/5th
offset. I've also added a decal on the opposite side of the logo that
says "CP Rail".

Dean

The 1/5th offset make better door, I'll have to modify them. For my part I'm
not to hot about sticker because they live glue mark but they do make a big
difference. Any pic of the box car with sticker?

Here is a pic of our show Yesterday. There are other pics before and
after of my CN and other box cars and some strung together.

The decals REALLY bring a model alive!

Dean

I have to admit that the decal really make the difference,
the bad thing is that 2 days ago I walk by the hobby shop near where I live and
it's now closed.I guest that I'll have to go elsewhere.

The extra plate on top of the boxcar is also good.

I also took time to look at all the pic from your show, really nice layout. It
is impressive.

Martin

Not bad from 8 to 10 members eh?

We are currently doing a month long display in a mall in BC. The 15/16
weekend is the last showing for this layout before it is destroyed...

Dean
--
Dean Husby
LUGNET Member #320