 Trains / Train Organizations / 1791
Re: Steve Barile's article at Trains.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 23:40:09 GMT

Martin Legault wrote:

In lugnet.trains.org, Dean Husby writes:
Martin Legault wrote:
In lugnet.trains.org, Dean Husby writes:

The Red and white box cars are not really my design, someone had great
pics of them on Brickshelf. I'm planning on putting proper decals on
them very soon.

I know, it is my design.

they can be see here:
and here at Train2

And a cute design. Mine is one brick higher and the doors are 1/5th
offset. I've also added a decal on the opposite side of the logo that
says "CP Rail".

Dean

The 1/5th offset make better door, I'll have to modify them.

Yes, I made the half offset first on your design. (I copied it fully,
except the ladders) I didn't like the way the doors looked so I set
about making them 1/5 offset. It took me a bit to get it right and
stable. But it looks good. I made then one brick higher because it
looked way to small behind my CN engine.

For my part I'm
not to hot about sticker because they live glue mark but they do make a big
difference. Any pic of the box car with sticker?

I've started to use MicroScale decals for my LEGO models, they are wet
apply and you just take a wet cloth and scrub to remove them. Pretty
easy.  Unfortunately I've been having a HELL of a time with my local
Hobby shop. They guys just can't seem to get organized to actually make
an order.. Sigh. They sent me these dry rub on ones and they SUCK! What
a mess... So my CN engine will not have the proper size decals for the
show this weekend. Sigh... I only gave them 5 months to get them in...
Silly me...

I'll have pics of the box cars with decals at the Trains 2001 show this
weekend. I'll be sure to post lots of pics...

glad that you like my design to copy and improve.

I was captivated by them at the last show you guys did. (I saw the video
clips) I just HAD to have one to show off!

Dean
--
Dean Husby
LUGNET Member #320