 Trains / Train Organizations / 1790
Re: NELUG logo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 02:02:03 GMT

Eric Kingsley wrote:

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Frank Filz writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shaun Sullivan writes:
Thanks for the idea, John.  Any chance you take requests?  :P  I like the
design you came up with, but I'm even more enamored with the Logos that make
some use of geometric shapes/circular stamps/lines/icons/etc (as opposed to • the
all-script NY-NH-H railway line logo you suggested).  Would you happen to • have
any ideas for a defunct northeastern/new-englandish railway line logo that
might fit the bill?

The (most well know, well, the one I remember) B&M logo is a little more
geometric, though still all of letters.

I think this is what Frank is talking about...

www.railroadxing.com/eastern/bost_maine/bost_maine_clip.gif

Yep, that's the one.

I like this a lot although there is an older B&M logo that incorporates a
Minuteman in the Logo that is pretty cool.  I just can't find a presentable
image just yet although you can kind of make it out on this page on the scan of
the magazine cover.

www.guilfordrail.com/xpress/3-4-97/years.htm

Hmm, I'd never seen that one. Nice. As mentioned, a minifig with a
tricorn hat would be easy to do.

Frank
(who used to ride the B&M Budliners, and lived about 3 blocks from the
Concord Depot).