 Trains / *14669 (-100)
  Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today

Mike, I received my Club Car today. The reason I was told by LD for the split up of the kit was a packing error, but at the time of my call the Club Car sets were back ordered. I would definitely call, as they put in a work order to get your (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Spamcake Diner Franchised!

(...) I believe the dog is available in one of the Duplo eggs. The LEGO LICs or Outlet stores may have some of these still on the shelves. -Rob. (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today

My Delux Metroliner kit FINALLY arrived to the west coast today, also missing the Club Car. It's after closing time for the LD folks on the opposite coast, but they'll hear from me first thing in the morning. It was bad enough waiting an EXTRA month (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Extra 10002 instructions?

(...) Same here. Hao-yang Wang (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Extra 10002 instructions?

My 10002 Club Car came with a separate page that was inside the packing box, but outside of the set box. I just received the 10002 today separate from the 10001, even though I ordered the kit. Not sure if that makes a difference. -- Scott (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Update: LEGO bricks not only go under the tree at Christmas.....

The ornaments are coming from a variety of sources; One source being the master builders at LD, they have been kind enought to send us some nice custom ornaments (I understand that pictures of them will be in an up coming Mania Magazine). Another (...) (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Update: LEGO bricks not only go under the tree at Christmas.....

(...) You have *Harshbarger* in your dictionary??? How much do you pester the poor man, anyway? JT, can you clarify on the ornaments and auction items, do you have a full tree already (yippee!) or are you soliciting other clubs to make and send an (...) (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Stripe matching on the 10001 Metroliner.

(...) How about the new lighter grey (in between grey and white) from the Mosiac sets? JohnG, GMLTC (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Stripe matching on the 10001 Metroliner.

What is a good way to match the white stripe on the metroliner. The white line on the stickers turns sort of gray when applied and the doors are a definite gray rather than white. I was thinking of replacing the white plates with gray. Any body have (...) (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  GMLTC layout 'show' pictures

Yes, the new GMLTC train layout has had its world premier at the 2001 Hostfest in Minot, North Dakota. We had four completed modules, of our ultimate plan of 16 modules in the layout. This is our first layout built to handle 8-wide trains, with two (...) (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.build) !

  Re: Update: LEGO bricks not only go under the tree at Christmas.....

(...) Heh heh, That's why I always use spellcheker! ;-)John (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Update: LEGO bricks not only go under the tree at Christmas.....

Awwww Cr-p!! I knew better than that, sorry about that Eric jt (...) (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Dutch sik (goat) shunter

"Jeroen de Haan" <jeroendehaan@mac.com> wrote in message news:GL9DFC.9Cp@lugnet.com... (...) it look great. I really like the almost cartoonish look. Iain (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Update: LEGO bricks not only go under the tree at Christmas.....

Er, that's Harshbarger, not Harshberger, James [grin]. glad to contribute, eric (...) ---...--- Eric Harshbarger / eric@ericharshbarger.org / www.ericharshbarger.org "Oh please, if people are going to start telling the truth around here... I'm (...) (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Ambassador car trade program

I had chimed in once before about a program like this ((URL) and think it would be a great idea, I'm all for it. Besides relieving some of the back and forth around the county of the train cars, it will make for a nice "collectablity" of the cars (...) (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Spamcake Diner Franchised!

(...) Yes, those do seem to be the hardest to come by when reconstructing the Diner-- along with the obligatory 1x1 light pink plates;^D -John (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Spamcake Diner Franchised!

(...) I *live* to surprise you, John. :-) Er did you say show of restaurant, or show of restraint? (...) Have you no shame? Wait, don't answer that. Your check is in the mail. As folks know, I am under constraint, I can only sell 25 of these. If at (...) (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Spamcake Diner Franchised!

(...) I need to sit down and do it sometime soon for Raleigh... I'm in possesion of the signature dog (and I have the requisite yellow macaronis). (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Spamcake Diner Franchised!

(...) LOL If *ever* there was a time when I expected a shameless plug from you Lar, it would have been here-- nice show of restraint;-) (Larry has just introduced a new Custom kit which precisely fits into this idea).... <*unsolicited* shameless (...) (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Ambassador car trade program

MichLTC is in the process of designing a new Ambassador car. We are thinking of making multiple copies, as outlined in my previous notes on this topic. Would other clubs participate in a "permanent loan" program? Loaned cars would technically remain (...) (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Spamcake Diner Franchised!

(...) I think it's a great idea! Every layout that has room for it should have a "restaurant row" with recognisable national (and regional) icons... It is a real crowd pleaser when they recognise the various chains(1), it starts conversations and is (...) (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch)

  Update: LEGO bricks not only go under the tree at Christmas.....

As an update to the NGLTC display at the Festival of Trees; Eric Harshberger has generously donated a holiday themed sculpture to be included in the auction. This will be a separate auction item from the tree. If you’ve ever wanted to own an Eric (...) (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl)

  Spamcake Diner Franchised!

The history behind the term "spamcake" is a funny one, germinating from Tom McDonald's hilariously creative spamblock warning sigs. Do a search for "spamcake" in off-topic.fun sometime if you don't know what I'm talking about. When Tom came out with (...) (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: My Stock Car Entry

(...) Thanks, James. Wouldn't you know it, I was too lazy last night to put on the railing on the other side, thinking it wouldn't be noticeable, and you noticed:- / So I was shamed, and so I put the other railing on, and reshot the car (outdoors; (...) (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Stock Car Entry

(...) John, The undercarriage railing is sweet. Very fine and delicate. Overall really good-looking car. later, James Mathis (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  seen James Mathis on main Lego Train Page

link is this: (URL) neat page... congrats James!! (and nice train designs!!!) (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Info needed/wanted

Question for ya' trainheads: I have been reading up on the early development of DE's and ran across a mention that a early compression/ignition Loco was in use in Sweden pre 1924??? Was it hybrid-twoC or BoBo??? Anyone got a link or refs on this? (...) (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  My Stock Car Entry

Here are a few pics of my entry into TLC's Stock Car Challenge: (URL) called it "Santa's Stock Car", because the design is based on a Christmas Train car that I began building around Christmas last year (but never posted pics). I will post pics of (...) (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12V to 9V

(...) If you mean "can 12V motors be modified to run on 9V track?"[1] Then I'd say yes and no. "No" because 9V motors pickup the power from the rails it run on. The 12V motor doesn't have metal wheels to pickup power so you would have to modify the (...) (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Extra 10002 instructions?

I got my 10001 and 10002 today, and on the packing slip it said that there is a separate corrected page to the building instructions included, but there is none to be found. Did that happen to anyone else? Or are they just really well hidden? Adam (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Challenge Entries?

Oops, sorry Mike, I meant to send this to Lugnet, not to you. Chris (...) Wow, I did not know that LEGO had created a whole train site area. By the way, way to go James. I get the feeling that I am WAY behind the times here. Chris (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

"jrosco" <jrosco@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GL84C1.M03@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) know (...) to (...) I asked an electronics engineer at work to modify one of mine so that at full rotation, only half power was output. This is now my (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

(...) The NGLTC has (at least) one of these. They are very handy, not for the kids layout, but for the big layout in areas where the kids can grab the controller and send your nice trains flying. I've used one but never created one, so perhaps this (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

This is very simple. There are 9 steps, which are clearly when one opens the controller. I don't have it handy right now, but what one could do, is to cut the last pads and connect them to the wanted highest speed e.g. 5, so pads 5-9 would be (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12V to 9V

(...) For 1980s 12v, the answer is "mostly". The 9v train motor has the same form factor as the 1980s 12v train motor. However, you will not be able to use the side rods, or the 3rd set of wheels (actually, I did pop a 3rd set of wheels into a 9v (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  12V to 9V

Hi all ! Is it possible to rebuild the old 12V LEGO trains to the new 9V ? If then HOW ? Thanx. Rene (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Dutch sik (goat) shunter

Hi all, This is not my model (wish it was...) but I did some colour variations on it. Read the reame.gif on details of the original builder... (URL) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ISCC: Let your ideas take flight...

In case people missed this since it was announced to .contests only... This may well be the most ambitious (and richest, broadest, and potentially the funnest) contest ever staged in the LEGO world that wasn't put on by LEGO itself (and it surely (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.western, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build) !!

  Re: LEGO Challenge Entries?

(...) That's a pretty good version of the one they've pictured. I entered my small livestock wagon - the sand red one: (URL) seemed to be some doubt about whether they want you to copy the one shown or not. There's also a limit on the length of the (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

(...) I recall seeing some picture with a modified traincontroller for a kids-layout by a LTC (can't find the pic right now and I don't remember which LTC sorry), instead of changing the circuitry the controlknob was changed so it couldn't be moved (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

Does anyone know how to modify a train controler? I want to allow my kids to play with the train but they only know 2 setting. Off and Full. The train running around the track on full speed does not last to long. I need to know what trace on the (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Challenge Entries?

(...) I haven't entered yet, but I did build it. (URL) (23 years ago, 14-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  LEGO Challenge Entries?

Has anyone else entered the current LEGO challenge on the Trains section of the LEGO web site? (URL) is my submission, I put this together last night while watching Apollo 13. (URL) Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring dot com (URL) - North Carolina (...) (23 years ago, 14-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tell me More

(...) If you punch in Brakes as a search here, you will eventually find a link to the .cad design for the early version. (I've regressed to a 2 axle car since then though...it works better for UK style stock) It (the .cad) does show the ideas (...) (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tell me More

(...) How do they work? Do you actually brake the wheels, or just run a motor in reverse? ROSCO (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Digital Controls

(...) You can set the max output voltage from the boosters-its another thing I haven't done yet, but you can adjust it between 12-20 V via a switch on the front. I'd assume the decoders burn ~1.5-3V internally, but I am not sure. (...) Then, you (...) (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today

(...) Bob Weeellllllll, you could have bought 2! ;-) Mark #525 (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Digital Controls

(...) VanLUG is that a 'real' train club? The prices I got (in CDN are) Empire Builder II $425.00 DN142 $72.00 (Same one that comes with the above kit) DN121 $35.00 DZ121 $62.00 Seems reasonable to me. (...) Yes, please do. How are you controlling (...) (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tell me More

(...) Yep, that'd be it. Take a look at my web page ( (URL) info on the hopper cars. I've also built a pair of class 24-26 DE's to pull the train with. These have electrically operated brake vans attached to them semi-permanantly. It's quite neat (...) (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Digital Controls

(...) Yep. I have a loco # 1021 (figure that one out-hint, the clocks), and then 2500/2510, The 25's are my pair of class 25 diesels-they have the special wiring setup for operation of the brake vans. Being able to number in any series of 4 digit (...) (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today

(...) Ha ha. Thanks for the chuckle. Yes, it's painful waiting for for something you really want to fondle... Dean (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today

Hello from Canada, Well I received both today. I received a letter saying the set would be delayed .... put it on the dining room table. About 10 minutes ago I walked by the front door and saw "the box" at the door. I asked my wife about it and she (...) (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Metroliner parts and instruction sheet

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes: (Please cross-post as is appropriate. Thanks!) OK......... All, I just received some information regarding the Metroliner replacement parts and Club Car instruction sheet. I know there has been some (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10001 Metroliner Errors - Getting parts from LD

Is it just me, or is Lego making those tapered front train parts differently? I tried to build it the way it says in the directions, and guess what? The little trans-yellow thingy won't fit. Anyone else getting this? (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10001 Metroliner Errors - Getting parts from LD

(...) I think you are right. I called again this morning and spoke with Maureen. She said that there might be some people that work in the evening that may not have gotten the word. She said that they had the parts and that they would be sent to me. (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO bricks not only go under the tree at Christmas.....

A few people asked me offline if other clubs and/or people could make and donate and ornament for the tree...well yes, if anyone or club would like to create an ornament to be auctioned off with the tree, that would be great. Also if any club would (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: 10001 Metroliner Errors - Getting parts from LD

(...) I'm surprised. I asked the S@H reps and even *they* knew about the issue--but that's Enfield. Maybe you just got someone in some overflow cubicle somewhere? Even at CA? All I know is that others have gotten them. best LFB (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today (Florida, USA)

LD and AFOL, My 10001/10002 combo came via UPS today. I have not yet built the Metro Liner, but I can see that it has light blue small windows (these need to be replaced) I am also not to happy with the packaging of this set, all the bags of parts, (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10001 Metroliner Errors - Getting parts from LD

I got my Metroliner and club car today! It had the blue windows ((URL) so I call the number found in Jake's note and was transfered to Consumer Affairs. They where very friendly but had no idea what I was talking about. I read the note to her - she (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Digital Controls

(...) I've been reading the info on the Digitrax website. Some nice stuff. Some confusing still but I'm figuring it out. I think the 1 to 9999 range on the decoders is so you can put the train's number into the system. VERY COOL! I haven't gotten (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automated Points - Information

(...) I, unfortunately, don't have time to make a instructions page for the web. If anyone wants to do so that would be great. Your welcome to use my pics and my server can even host the page. Dean (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO bricks not only go under the tree at Christmas.....

(...) Wow this rocks!What a great way for a club to give back:-) (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Tell me More

<Snip> (The special motors are usedfor my Tyne Dock train-including working brakevans...) Is that as in Tyne Dock, Newcastle? do you have pictures, i'm interested! Tim (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Tell me More

<Snip> (The special motors are used for my Tyne Dock train-including working brakevans...) Is that as in Tyne Dock, Newcastle? do you have pictures, i'm interested! Tim (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  LEGO bricks not only go under the tree at Christmas.....

LEGO bricks not only go under the tree at Christmas, at this year’s Festival of Trees will be on the tree. Atlanta, Ga. – The North Georgia LEGO Train Club (NGLTC) is proud to announce their participation in the 25th Annual Festival of Trees. The (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl) !!

  Re: 10001 Metroliner Errors - Getting parts from LD

In lugnet.trains, Bryan Kinkel writes: I ordered 10 of #10000 Guarded Inn a while ago, and inside the set was a Indian painted horse. Inside the box though they had 10 normal white horses. A #10000 "fix it kit"? -Jonathan (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  October meeting update (minor)

Hi- I included a gate code in the driving directions to our home in Irvine. That code is out of date. If you would like the correct one, please request it via email and I will send it (I'm posting this message to LUGNET so my homeowners association (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: 10001 Metroliner Errors - Getting parts from LD

I'm pleased to hear that you got the replacement parts. I phoned Lego UK today, to ask for the parts pack, but nobody knew anything about it. I mentioned the mail from Jake, but I don't know how much contact Lego UK has with Lego in the US. The lady (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Automated Points - Information

(...) I think the trick is to SURROUND the switch lever arm on top and bottom so that you can't get wedged off... This means subtable work unless you're modular, and it means technic beams or halfplates or whatever to hold the gizmo clamped on (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Digital Controls

<Snip>The special motors are used for my Tyne Dock train-including working brakevans...)<Snip> (...) Is that Tyne Dock Newcastle. Show me Show me!!! Tim (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automated Points - Information

(...) The problem with the gearing is that force still has to bear on something. Remember, you can really only attach to the switching point by TWO studs. Every geared solution I tried ripped itself off the point within a couple of uses. The (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Oval Window for ICE Train Door

(...) <snip description of other oval windows> (...) Thanks for the reply, Larry. I really like the 1x4 Technic roundend with pass-through holes. (...) In this oval window construction, the inner wall of the white 1x4 arches hold the two (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today

That explains a lot. I'm not really active here at Lugnet anymore, so I miss out on a great deal of useful info. --Tobias (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automated Points - Information

(...) (URL) what I posted on this topic before. Just a couple links to others ideas. I used a combination of them but I don't have a digital camera or the experience with CAD to show my interpretation. Hope it helps though. Play well. Tim Strutt 8^) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Digital Controls

ontrollers can your system have at once? (...) up (...) Nope- they are under a separate pool. With the DCC system I have, you can have up to 9982 DCC equipped mobile decoders at once (plus one analog one...although, if you have 9982 DCC decoders, I (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Saturday Meeting Info

(...) <snipped> (...) Speaking of, any word of others joining up, esp. LUGOLA's? Adrian Egli (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today

The Deluxe Metroliner kit arrived today, but missing the club car. Lego is not sure what happened, but said it happened to at least one other person. I am waiting to hear back from them tomorrow. Frustrated, -- Scott (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Digital Controls

(...) Does that include accessories? Like Switch tracks or automated loaders, bridges etc... How do you trigger accessories? (...) Wow. Amazing! Truly! (...) The fact that you CAN run any standard Motors is amazing in it's self! (...) What DCC (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Saturday Meeting Info

In lugnet.trains.org.scltc, Ted Michon writes: My daughter and I will be attending. I'm bringing a new passenger train, warehouse, and (hopefully) a factory I just finished. Robert Powell (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Automated Points - Information

(...) Ok, I saw the pics. I had missed them the first time, did not use the icon. Thank you. (...) Not really, but close... "Pedro Silva" is more like it! :-D Pedro (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Digital Controls

Just redirecting to .trains Pedro (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Saturday Meeting Info

SCLTC Members and All Interested LEGO Train Builders- We are looking forward to hosting the October 13 Southern California LEGO Train Club (SCLTC) meeting at our home in Irvine, CA. As always, all SCLTC members and all LEGO fans (and employees) are (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: 10001 Metroliner Errors - Getting parts from LD

Just received my replacement parts yesterday. (Haven't seen the Metroliner yet). Came loose in a big yellow envelope, although I got 3 black hairpieces, not just the one replacement. 2 pony tails and one pig tails. and a bunch of clear windows. Hope (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Digital Controls

(...) that's www.lgauge.com dear :) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Digital Controls

(...) Dan Boger dan@peeron.com (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Digital Controls

(...) nod, it's pretty cool :) we still need to set up automatic points... that's the only holdback from a fully sit-down-while-runni...the-layout setup :) (...) Our DCC is all Tom Cook's work - and he explains how to modify the engins on his site, (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Digital Controls

(...) Wow! I'm getting excited again. What I have plans to do is to use an electro magnet for the shunter's coupler. Then I can swing over and grab a car and drop it where I want. It would be FANTASTIC to show this off at shows. With 5 people (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Digital Controls

(...) all of the WAMALUG/WAMALTC shows in the past year or so have been using dcc... sometimes running 5 trains at once (which is what Tom's DCC is capable of dealing with, I think). Aside from being very confusing to control, it's a whole lot of (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Digital Controls

(...) With the system I have, up to 22 trains (so, 11 dual controllers active-or up to 22 single controllers active) (...) Yep, there is power. The DCC is sent out as a square wave AC pulse, with the first 1/10th or so containing the coded info, (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today

In lugnet.trains, Tobias Möller writes: various snips (...) Tobias Brad Justus told everybody at BrickFest 2001 Lego Direct Q&A, that the club car would be the same, however, the Metroliner had 2 pieces changed due to not having the molds available (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automated Points - Information

You can find the instructions in my page, this switch point had been controlled by RCA in my projects. You don't need to modify any thing, just take out the yellow element in switch point. Zhengrong (...) -- RCA Controlled LEG Train Projects (URL) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Digital Controls

(...) How many controllers can your system have at once? (...) How does that work? The conventional? Surely when you have the standard one you can't run other trains right? Otherwise there would be no power for the DCC trains? What part of DCC heats (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Digital Controls

(...) I've only tried 3 at once. I only have one throttle with 2 speed controls, therefore after 3 trains, it becomes somewhat harder to control the trains. However, I have demo'd this at LLCa, it was on the PNLTC layout. Works fine, except that (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Digital Controls

(...) James, do you mean to say that you are actually running ~5 trains on your LEGO layout? That you are actually using DCC successfully? I've heard many people talk about it, but so far no one has posted pics and "Look what I did"'s... I've wanted (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Oval Window for ICE Train Door

(...) Holy SNOT! That's amazing. So is Carl's for that matter... but yours is pure, eh? I LOVE that inversion technique with the technic 1x4 roundend, it's crisp. (...) I have used the brick hinge in the past for 90 degree rotation and find it less (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automated Points - Information

(...) There are ways to do that, but I've had some trouble. The NEWEST switches from LEGO are so hard to switch you feel you almost have to break them to have it switch. The modification changes all that. If you DO decide to modify your switch, use (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Oval Window for ICE Train Door

First, I would like to sincerely compliment Carlegler for his oval window design in his ICE train set. Please view it here: (URL) discusses Carlegler's oval window briefly referring to correspondence in the German forum in this previous posting: (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today

Yes, I got my ship confirmation notice email yesterday so I should have mine soon. I don't know how some people say there's is delayed and other's get there set the same day. Adam (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automated Points - Information

In lugnet.loc.pt, Dean Husby writes: (snipped) (...) I don't feel too comfortable cutting up my LEGO, but I have experienced the difficulty of moving them in the past. Can't I use some sort of gear that "forces" the swith, even if it works only at (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automated Points - Information

(...) Thank you very much for the link, Zhengrong. I apreciate your work with robotics, even though I couldn't fully understand it (sorry, I'm not an expert in electronics). It seems to me you have a FULLY automated design, almost universally (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact