 Trains / Train Organizations / 1690
Re: Update: LEGO bricks not only go under the tree at Christmas.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 23:41:53 GMT

The ornaments are coming from a variety of sources; One source being the
master builders at LD, they have been kind enought to send us some nice
custom ornaments (I understand that pictures of them will be in an up coming
Mania Magazine). Another source will be the children that are patients at
the children's hospital, we are going there this November and having a
building session with them. Then the NGLTC will be completing the tree with
ornaments built by club members (and friends). Once the tree is all put
together (on November 28) it will be displayed at the festival from December
1st - 9th with hundreds of other trees put together by other groups from
around Atlanta (Home Depot, Turner, UPS, etc). Believe me this will be a
full tree, I've been working on the garland all weekend, it's made out of
about $400 worth of 2x2 bricks (all nice christmas colors of course).

Now besides being able to bid on the tree visitors will be allowed to bid on
other items at the displays. We will have a mini-fig sculture (donated by
LD) and Eric's contribution for separate bidding.

The idea that other clubs wanted to donate an ornaments was just an idea for
some of the other groups around the country to "help the cause" and be a
part of the festival.

jt

In lugnet.trains.org, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.trains.org, John Neal writes:

Heh heh, That's why I always use spellcheker!

You have *Harshbarger* in your dictionary??? How much do you pester the poor
man, anyway?

JT, can you clarify on the ornaments and auction items, do you have a full
tree already (yippee!) or are you soliciting other clubs to make and send an
ornament? There was something that flit by somewhere that I seem to have
forgotten.