 Trains / 13558
Re: Tell me More
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 13 Oct 2001 21:01:48 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Powell writes:

Is that as in Tyne Dock, Newcastle? do you have pictures, i'm interested!

Yep, that'd be it.  Take a look at my web page (
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/2049/FJ/FJ.html
for info on the hopper cars.  I've also built a pair of class 24-26 DE's to
pull the train with.  These have electrically operated brake vans attached to
them semi-permanantly.  It's quite neat to see, and the brake vans add about
the equal braking effect as a motor to the train (long 2 plate grades=
requirement for LOTS of stopping power)

How do they work? Do you actually brake the wheels, or just run a motor in
reverse?

ROSCO