 Trains / 17996
Re: Digital Controls
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.pt
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 18:45:57 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Robert Fay writes:
His is the only one I know of that is directly related to Lego trains. You
can go to  http://www.dccshop.com/ and follow the ring at the bottom of the
page to find a great deal of information on DCC and model railroading.

Hi,

Just to let you know that i'm also converting motors to work with a DCC
system, kinda Maerklin / Uhlenbrock. It's a 'self made' system in witch you
have to solder all the stuff together, as the controller board, booster (5
or 10Amp's !!), decoders with several function outputs, ...
for more info, take a look at my home page
http://www.geocities.com/ludo_soete/ and select DCC

I'm showing it this year at the LEGO EVENT 2002 in Zwolle (Holland) ONLY on
saturday 19 & sunday 20 october 2002.

summary of the possibilities:
PC controlled track loops,
switching points with decoders & micromotors,
Track signals, feed back boards to get track of where the train
resides,train decoders can use a I.R. LED witch transmits it's decoder
address for ease of train tracking,1 decoder can drive 2 motors,switchable
front / rear lights + 4 extra function outputs,...

If i do have some pictures of the show, i'll place them on brickshelf
Regards,
Ludo

--
Bob Fay

"Pedro Silva" <el_gordo@netc.pt> wrote in message
In lugnet.trains, Robert Fay writes:
Check this site and click on DCC Projects.
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/cook_thomas/frames.htm

--
Bob Fay

Thank you very much, Robert.
Do you know if anyone else besides Tom is working on this subject? I liked
his page

Pedro