 Trains / 13518
Re: Digital Controls
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 03:52:04 GMT

James Powell wrote:

James, do you mean to say that you are actually running ~5 trains on
your LEGO layout? That you are actually using DCC successfully? I've
heard many people talk about it, but so far no one has posted pics and
"Look what I did"'s...

I've only tried 3 at once.  I only have one throttle with 2 speed controls,
therefore after 3 trains, it becomes somewhat harder to control the trains.

How many controllers can your system have at once?

However, I have demo'd this at LLCa, it was on the PNLTC layout.  Works fine,
except that the thermal overload didn't like the 30+ C weather :) (That'd be 3
trains, 2 DCC, one "conventional"- I only had 3 motors with DCC at the time)

How does that work? The conventional? Surely when you have the standard
one you can't run other trains right? Otherwise there would be no power
for the DCC trains?

What part of DCC heats up?

I've wanted DCC for some time. It's so 'real'.

Dean

If you come over to Victoria, LMK, and you are welcome to come and play :).
(I'm ~1 hr outside of Victoria, out by Point-No-Point, and work mon-fri
though...)

We just may have to do that! I've wanted to get into DCC for some time.
But don't want to take the plunge until I know the system I get will
work great...

Dean

--
Dean Husby