 Technic / *15201 (-100)
  Re: BrickFest DC 2004 Technic/Mindstorms events

(...) Yes, it's on the schedule at 1:00 each day. It will be a fun time for us robot/technic people to show off our stuff, in action... I plan on bring both of my Connect-Four robots, which are now able to play against each other, and/or anyone (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: BrickFest DC 2004 Technic/Mindstorms events

John, I have signed up for Brickfest and have hotel reservations. I'll be bringing all the MOCs I have. I really like the feeding time idea. Has anything concrete come of this? Kevin (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New LEGO truck, 8436

(...) I haven't seen that set in Australia yet. I can't wait to get a truck-load of those tyres!! ROSCO (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  New LEGO truck, 8436

Hi everyone, I just bought one of the new technic sets yesterday, the truck 8436. (URL) I really didnt like the new technic style before, I think the concept of LEGO has chanched, but now I think it was the time to try a large new set, and I have (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: The Jamocklaquat - Original Construction Images are back!

Woohoo! Congrats Eric. I'm truly happy to see Jama back up. I hope that puts an end to your turmoil. Mark (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Let the fun resume

(...) Excellent!! Any chance of SSClagorpion mk I travelling with you? ROSCO (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Let the fun resume

(...) True that! (...) tsk tsk (...) :) (...) Wow, how great is that! Champion Lego Fans doing their duty. (...) Wonderful, maybe we can hold a Session after all. In this time of rejoyce, let us take a minute to remember the reasons for our little (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  The Jamocklaquat - Original Construction Images are back!

Hello, hello, hello, happy day. The Jamocklaquat's original construction images are back on Brickshelf! For reasons I cannot stomach to explain, they were removed. However, they are back up now. (URL) Try as I may, I have to create new pictures of (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: Scania LS111 Super with low loader and Menck dragline

(...) Thanks! (...) It wasn't easy to build but I enjoyed it very much! (...) The dragline can do anything like the real thing. More about it later! Dennis (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: Scania LS111 Super with low loader and Menck dragline

(...) Andreas, thank you for your compliments! (...) It's a company from which I built the 4th truck. The previous one, a four axle tractor with a big low loader was the donor for this model. I didn't used any stickers except from the lettering on (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Let the fun resume

Well, I've finished moving into my new place. One more roadblock to LEGO building removed. I had to unsort all my LEGO a few weeks ago. The sort has started. So far I've got detailed sort of technic axles, gears, connectors, pulleys, electrical, (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Scania LS111 Super with low loader and Menck dragline

(...) I'm glad to have seen the Scania in person last year when I visited your home. I can certainly say that the pictures do not do it justice. It is a great model with many details. It's construction is amazing- the advanced techniques you've used (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Sam-Bots and their "steeds"

(URL) I'd long considered the Rahkshi head to be an ideal piece for a "crotch-rocket" style motorcycle cowling, but it wasn't until I saw (URL) this post> that I really got it into my mind to do anything with that idea. Now I've got five more MOCs (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  Murasaki Corp. Suntetsu intercept fighter

(URL) Even if you're only shipping modular construction materials across the vast expanses of interstellar space, it pays to make sure your shipments are properly defended against piracy. (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  Murasaki modular corridor system

(URL) The seeds of this idea had been floating around in my mind since I first participated in a MichLUG display, where the importance of having both multi-connection modules and the ability to adjust to last-minute changes were driven home. At that (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  Re: SSClagorpion - The Sequencer (long)

(...) -Snip- Facinating, sheesh, your smart. I see the beauty. e (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New MOCs- Mastiff and Quadrachnid 4.0

(...) Aie! I am so stupid, I saw 6740 saturday on sale, but I didn't even check the price..... I'll keep on playing without it... (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: New MOCs- Mastiff and Quadrachnid 4.0

(...) Thanks, JP. Maybe I'll make a civilian version later. (...) I got that windshield from set 6740(Extreme Tower)-2 per set. Set 10027(Train Engine Shed) also has them- a whopping 16 total. Later, Todd (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: New MOCs- Mastiff and Quadrachnid 4.0

(...) Hi Todd, The overcar is nice! Suggestion: you should have finished it earlier, removed the gun and post it for the civilian MOCs contest! The seats are new for me, nice design, comfy comfy! Treat well your soldiers and have a happy army, he (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: SSClagorpion - The Sequencer (long)

(...) But, we have the same number of pistons making the same number of changes. It is faster because now more of the piston transitions happen at the same time. Kevin (20 years ago, 4-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - The Sequencer (long)

(...) Piston A and C are not replicated. Piston B has three copies (making 4 legs in leg group 1). Piston D has three copies too. Piston E has seven copies (a total of 8). (...) Yes. (...) I want leg lock for when it has been shut off for a long (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - The Sequencer (long)

(...) Sounds good. I think the whole thing will go faster, if there are less pistons to move, because less air is required. So, how many pistons are there? It looks like just the five. Can we put sensors on pistons A & C to determine which state (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  SSClagorpion - The Sequencer (long)

Airline flights offer long stretches of nothing to do. I use these times to brainstorm into my my LEGO idea logbook. On a flight to Boston, I figured out how to graphically design pneumatic sequencers. This led to creations such as inchworm, (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New MOCs- Mastiff and Quadrachnid 4.0

(...) I should have posted this in lugnet.space as well as lugnet.announce- sorry about that. Todd (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Scania LS111 Super with low loader and Menck dragline

(...) Oooops missed the bad follow-up, shoving back to more interested newsgroups! (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: Scania LS111 Super with low loader and Menck dragline

These are great models Dennis. Having seen the excavator in the brick I am really looking forward to reading about its workings when you get a page written about it. Jennifer (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Scania LS111 Super with low loader and Menck dragline

The updates are very scarce but now I found some time to add a new model to my website: It's an old Scania LS111 Super with Nooteboom low loader. (URL) It took a long time before this model was finished: about one and a half year. But I didn't built (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Re: Tan Axle Pins

"Larry Pieniazek" <larry.(mylastname)@...areDOTcom> wrote in message news:I06Bpo.vFz@lugnet.com... (...) I expect they changed the colours to avoid people getting confused over the different connectors, i.e. pin with friction and axle pin with (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Tan Axle Pins

(...) I believe the issue is that having the axle pegs in black/grey resulted in confusion (at least for a fair bit of the target market) between the axle pegs and the regular pegs. Or something along those lines anyway (I can see how it could be (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Tan Axle Pins

(...) Yep. This is my major issue with Znap, actually.. .the connector elements (which are generally even MORE visible than technic pins) only come in one color each, but are different for different types of connectors, and it's well nigh impossible (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Tan Axle Pins

"Keith Hui" <buurin@accessv.com.SPAMBEGONE> wrote in message (...) pin with (...) I preferred it when they were black, a far more neutral colour for building realistic models. Since it is a structural element, you *have* to use them in many places, (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Instant Mini Air Compressor using RC Buggy Motor

(...) Don't laugh - Steve Hassenplug actually had a related problem on a recent sumo 'bot of his. Before that contest, I never knew that the battery boxes had thermal protection... Watching a sumo-bot overheat was both funny, and sad at the same (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New Style Technic

(...) I spotted this in Brickshelf a few days ago. (URL) (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Style Technic

(...) I guess 8438 would be a good bet, the re-released Pneumatic Crane truck. Duq (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Style Technic

(...) I guess I'm not up to speed here. What parts are the 'new style' of Technic bricks? I looked at the parts inventory of 7470-1 Space Shuttle Discovery which was mentioned by another poster to this thread and did see liftarms, pins, like 41679, (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Style Technic

(...) These box bricks are well handy. Jennifer (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Instant Mini Air Compressor using RC Buggy Motor

(...) Yep, like so ;-) (URL) C S (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 8369 Dirt Crusher RC

(...) These are outdoor products, as Rob has noted. These are water and mud-resistant--of course you know little boys will want to run these through the mud!. I was lucky enough to see the prototypes at Enfield last year, but I couldn't talk about (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8435 and 8436 on S@H site

(...) The truck says "Hydraulic" in the description. I would think they mean pneumatic, but wouldn't hydraulic be cool? There was a discussion a few weeks ago about how Lego hydraulics would be impractical, wouldn't it be great if Lego proved them (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Style Technic

(...) Well the star destroyer has 68 lt grey 1x16s, numerous 1x6s, 1x4s, 1x2s, 1x2s with 2 holes. And several of the 8x6, 6x4 and 4x4 "box" bricks. And a veritable treasure trove of large plates. It also has a bunch of liftarms, a selection of (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Tan Axle Pins

(...) My backhoe has yet to have its wheels fall off. Nor had the wheels on "da Buster" when it was still built. However, when its chassis was being rebuilt, I used 3L axle with stud to hold the wheels on my 4404, in anticipation of a (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8369 Dirt Crusher RC

(...) And the description mentions "groundbreaking new building experience with flexible nylon elements." // Joe (URL) (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic)

  8435 and 8436 on S@H site

Has anyone noticed the 8435 4WD and 8436 Truck are on the US Shop at Home site as a preorder item. 8435 Price: USD 49.99 Preorder this item today, will ship by 28 Jul 2004 8436 Price: USD 89.99 Preorder this item today, will ship by 28 Jul 2004 (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8369 Dirt Crusher RC

(...) In Lego's defense, I will offer my observations. The 8369 is a 7.2 volt RC car meant for use outdoors. It is Lego's way of competing with the flooded RC car market for the summer. It comes with a 7.2v NiCad battery and charger and will (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Style Technic

(...) Among those that I own, the best ones from 2003 would be the "model team" sets. [LEGOSet 4403] [LEGOSet 4404] for black technic bricks, and [LEGOSet 7470] for black and white technic bricks. The inventor sets also come with some traditional (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  8369 Dirt Crusher RC

I just noticed this RC car being added at Lego's site. Anybody got this set? It looks like complete crap and completely un-lego. Only 90 parts, VS Supersonic's 400 parts!! More expensive, too. Makes me want to buy Supersonic even more! (Which I'm (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Tan Axle Pins

Hello, Why is it that tan axle pins (found in 2003 and later Technic sets) seem much weaker than 2002-and-before gray axle pins? For instance, look at the 8455 Backhoe Loader and 4404 Land Busters - the wheels are VERY easy to come off due to them (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Style Technic

Yes, it is best to have the option of using either method where appropriate... presumably it is still possible to get sets with the traditional Technic beams etc. What would be a good currently available set for this? Jennifer (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Style Technic

(...) Hi Jennifer, I can see that I have mostly the same opinion as you, and I think its a good subject to discuss. I do not own that much of the "new" technic bricks, but the few bricks I have are very usefull in some particular places. But I'm a (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic)

  New Style Technic

I've been building a lot with the new style of Technic bricks recently and really am getting into it. Sometimes I find it a bit of a slog getting my head round the new paradigm, especially when changing direction and finding myself 1/2 a stud "out", (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: KONECRANES 60 ton Container Crane - Prototype Complete

(...) Hi Rosco, Its a sensor from the company (URL). The sensor measures the angle of the wire. Sadly the sensor costs around 140 euros, but its very good for this purpose, and it is made specially for the RCX. The normal rotation sensor from LEGO (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: MOC: KONECRANES 60 ton Container Crane - Prototype Complete

(...) Very nice! I think your pendular control is a first for a LEGO crane! What is that sensor? Is it just a position sensor, or does it measure rotation speed? ROSCO (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: MOC: KONECRANES 60 ton Container Crane - Prototype Complete

(...) Hi Rosco, I have now equipped my crane with one of the sensors for controlling the penduling of the container, I have placed a few pictures and videos on my homepage to show how the sensor and regulator works. Anders (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest is coming, and so are the robots!

(...) The reason behind that is pretty simple. It's because I've entered many of the challenges. I've seen what other people out there can do, and I'm just lucky they haven't been entering. I was just looking over the rules, and (as usual) John's (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: ok, quick question about crane lifting lines.........

(...) increasing the number of lines means operating the hoist is slower - a 10 line hook will take 10 times longer to raise and lower than a single line. That is the reason many heavy lifting cranes have multiple hoist lines - multiple line for (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: ok, quick question about crane lifting lines.........

(...) The more lines you have, the less force there is per line. Check this out: (URL) (20 years ago, 27-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic)

  ok, quick question about crane lifting lines.........

What's the reason behind "parting the line" on the line that lifts the hook on a crane? I see this is mostly done with fairly large cranes (crawler cranes especially). Max (20 years ago, 27-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Instant Mini Air Compressor using RC Buggy Motor

(...) Air cooled, of course. Right? :-) Hi CSSOH. Simplicity and performance. Nice work! BTW, Rosco, I look forward to seeing more of your crane. It is very impressive. Only 2 days ago some one upset a crane at work by failing to put the outriggers (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest is coming!

I'm reposting this message to the events.BrickFest list so that everyone knows about this great opportunity. I'm sure there are others out there, just like me, who have an RCX set (found for a good price, or a gift, whatever the case...) and you (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MOC: KONECRANES 60 ton Container Crane - Prototype Complete

(...) Hi Rosco, Thanks, yep, that will be the work for the next days. I can see you have entered 'stage 2' (URL) its looking good. Anders (20 years ago, 24-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: MOC: KONECRANES 60 ton Container Crane - Prototype Complete

(...) Looking good, Anders! I'm interested to see how you set up the sensors. ROSCO (20 years ago, 24-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  MOC: KONECRANES 60 ton Container Crane - Prototype Complete

Hi everyone, (2 URLs) Right now I am building a scale model of a 60 ton Container Crane, 1:40 from KONECRANES. The prototype is almost complete and will be rigged for testing and education purpose at Technical University of Denmark, in the near (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: MOC: DEMAG CC2800 Crawler Crane - Stage 1 complete

(...) Thanks! FTX forces me to keep the pages nice and simple, which is a Good Thing™! (...) (Goes off to practice the new word) (...) Actually, I have used but a fraction of my hinges - a certain other project of mine used over 100 of them! (...) (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: MOC: DEMAG CC2800 Crawler Crane - Stage 1 complete

Rosco! Excuse me for not replying to this earlier. I have been following along and you make some mighty fine FTX pages sir. This is just wild. Saying its huge does not even cover it. In fact I have made a new word to describe its size, its not just (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  BrickFest is coming!

... and there are competitions to be entered and won! Check out the Events at www.brickfest.com There's a link via Mindstorms Competitions to the event descriptions and from there to the rules pages. So read them and start building! ... there are (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Ladies and gentlemen...

(...) Yeah, putting them straight is the real trick, isn't it. My plan is to use springs (shock absorbers) which hopefully will align the mechanism centrally in this brief moment when gear shift is in "idle" position. For now it's all theory, (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Ladies and gentlemen...

(...) Ahhhhhh! I actually looked at that technique, and it works OK but you have to make sure the wheels are straight when you switch it! Instead I investigated (URL) this technique> but have yet to use it in a MOC. ROSCO (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Instant Mini Air Compressor using RC Buggy Motor

(...) Or someone design a LEGO cooling system ;) ROSCO (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Instant Mini Air Compressor using RC Buggy Motor

(...) Thanks, but actually the design suggested of itself. Normally, one would use the outer motor output shaft. But I was struck by the exact geometry using the inner motor output shaft and the small pump. Is it a fortuitous coincidence or is it an (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Ladies and gentlemen...

(...) Thank you, Rosco. (And thank you Eric for the earlier post). Well, gear selectors were just a necessity, but worked out well. I don't think more motors can be squashed into frame only 8 studs wide. I'm planning to use similar system for (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Big Momma

(URL) For those of you who have long wondered where Fleebnorks come from... (20 years ago, 20-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX) !

  Re: Instant Mini Air Compressor using RC Buggy Motor

(...) My humble apologies. I forgot to complement you on the elegence of the design. Kevin (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Instant Mini Air Compressor using RC Buggy Motor

(...) Doesn't your pump get warm at that RPM? When I tried this I eventually ended up with permanent pump damage, where seals no longer could provide high pressure. Kevin (20 years ago, 20-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Instant Mini Air Compressor using RC Buggy Motor

Here's an instant mini air compressor you can make if you have the 8475 RC Buggy motor. (URL) Using the inner motor output shaft, the geometry is just right for full compression of the small pump. It runs like blazes and was able to drive my (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Ladies and gentlemen...

(...) Hi dmac! Great backhoe! I love how you've used the motors and gear selectors to get multiple functions, like in the 8480 space shuttle. And it looks good too, well done! ROSCO (20 years ago, 20-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Ladies and gentlemen...

Welcome! I visted your site and it was good to see your Technic Construction. Look forward to seeing more. e www.biomechanicalbricks.com (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Ladies and gentlemen...

Please, let me introduce myself and invite you to my gallery at the recently opened Polish Lego forum. After years of lurking I have finally decided to post on Lugnet - and here I am, a humble AFOL. Really nice to meet you, folks. Technic is my (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: MOC: DEMAG CC2800 Crawler Crane - Stage 1 complete

(...) Ooops sorry TJ! I forgot you did that! In return I'll let you pinch my method using bushes and liftarms to "round off" the corners a bit ;) ROSCO (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: MOC: Studless Desert Ranger

(...) Well if you REALLY wanna get nit-picky, I see a couple of 3L axle WITH STUD too ;) ROSCO (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Studless Desert Ranger

(...) That is really, really nice. I'm impressed that you could get such a nice representation without bricks or plates. Of course... to put on my nit-pick hat... the engine cylinders do have studs :-) Jeff (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  MOC: Studless Desert Ranger

While I was waiting on a few Bricklink orders to complete my 8448 (I don't own one so you know what that means), I took a week to build this from my stockpile: (2 URLs) Studless tribute to 8408, plus a straight clone in white> After one full year of (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: MOC: DEMAG CC2800 Crawler Crane - Stage 1 complete

(...) I first used this method in my marine pedestal crane: (URL) winch was used for the 16-part main block. (URL) was powerful enough to lift 48 pounds! Linking the two 40-toothed gears together with axles works very well. It is a bit uneven (i.e. (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Anybody knows anything about this board?

I was thinking about being it what they call Control lab, but my search didn't bring any fruit. This helped. Thanks! Robert (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Anybody knows anything about this board?

(...) Looks like the old Dacta ROBOLAB. It used some sort of RS232 interface to hook it up to a Commodore/MSX/PC computer, and kids could program whatever they built using included software. It used 4.5V motors and some special sensors. Do a search (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dacta, lugnet.edu, lugnet.general)

  Anybody knows anything about this board?

Hi. Somebody sent me this picture requesting advice/help what to do. Since I have never seen this, I am asking: Does anybody have any experience with this? Can anybody provide any kind of infos? .. and yes, it's LEGO. (2 URLs) rob (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dacta, lugnet.edu, lugnet.general, FTX)

  CMC Entry: S-Cape pod

(URL) I wasn't planning to make an entry for this contest, but the guns I had in mind wouldn't attach correctly to the radar dishes. *sigh* Anyways, building it as small as I possibly could was an interesting challenge, especially since I didn't (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  Master Builder Kit on Sale

Lego S@H has the Master Builder kit (different from the Master Accessory Kit) on sale for $6.49. It was the cheapest source for red Gali hooks even before it went on sale, and it's still the only source for red Throwbot torsos. (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Bionicle quality

Is it just me, or do the latest Metru Nui figures appear to be made from a lower quality plastic than classic LEGOs? Specifically, the red "helmet" on the Vahki Vorzakh looks and feels like something that MegaBlocks would make... (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Compressor

(...) Hi David, I'm having a difficult time envisioning this. Could you create one and take a picture? Kevin (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Compressor

(...) flat liftarms to get you a pin hole in the right location to use the sheaves? (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motorbike

(...) Damn, I shouldn't have forgotten that one. I especially liked how you managed to put suspension in there. (...) You've got a point there. One can't really make bigger vehicles for the engines than the size of the original model they're in. (If (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Compressor

Kevin, it looks like you are making strides to create a sound compressor. This will be of great importance (of course) as this will be the heart of the beast. Once this stage of the project is conqured, a major hurdle will have been obtained. Good (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Compressor

In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote: <snip> (...) Here is the picture. (URL) got the whole compressor back together and it is mechanically sound. Whether this provides a superior compressor or not, I've got to try to use the same geometry to (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motorbike

(...) ... (...) Nevertheless, it's a nice adaption of the type. I particularly like how you did the windshield. (...) It's much more than I'd ever consider doing. We appreciate your effort. It's a cool way to show the model - reminisent of some (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Compressor

(...) ^ six (...) I found it on bricklink: (URL) (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: DEMAG CC2800 Crawler Crane - Stage 1 complete

(...) Thanks again! (...) Can't wait to see that! Incidentally I bought a (URL) diecast model of the AC500> (not SSL), cos it's just so cool. Might think about a LEGO version one day but no time soon. ROSCO (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Compressor

(...) Thanks..... Like I said using two 1x2's in an L shape got me the square root of two (1.414) or diameter of 2.828..... All the holes in 1x2's are axle holes, so the make the center connector of the radial compressor free to turn I had to use a (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Compressor

(...) This sort of work is much easier, if you're working with larger distances. Getting a circle between 2 and 3 studs wide to spin is NOT easy. Good luck. (...) You should post a screen-shot or two. I'm interested to see what kind of data you came (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Compressor

Sometimes it is not easy to get perfect geometry out of LEGO. I've been wrestling with geometries to get the pumps just the right distance apart, and also having the compression strokes force the pumps through thier full range. I ended up using a (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: MOC: DEMAG CC2800 Crawler Crane - Stage 1 complete

Ross- It's me again, Vineet. Every time I see your crane I have the urge to praise it; every time I look at it there's something to marvel at. For instance, your idea of using a transmission shifting lever (8448, 8466) to control the winches, now (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact