 Technic / 12838
12837  |  12839
Subject:
New Style Technic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 11:06:49 GMT

I've been building a lot with the new style of Technic bricks recently and
really am getting into it. Sometimes I find it a bit of a slog getting my head
round the new paradigm, especially when changing direction and finding myself
1/2 a stud "out", but there are usually very simple ways round it, you just have
to think laterally. It's a bit like living in space*, there is no longer an "up"
or "down".

Something that I really like about these bricks is that you can achieve unusual
gear meshings very easily without having vast bracing structures surrounding
them. Indeed, you could have any gear meshing you like by moving into the
analogue rather than stud domain by using the ribbed hose as spacers and/or
washers. I'm perfectly happy with cutting hoses (pneumatic, flex system, etc)
for MOCs, so in my opinion this is a "Lego Legal" approach.

I can't see these bricks replacing traditional ones for Model Team style models,
but they are great for working parts.

Jennifer

* I've never lived in space.