 Technic / 12837
Re: MOC: KONECRANES 60 ton Container Crane - Prototype Complete
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 08:06:15 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Ross Crawford wrote:
   In lugnet.technic, Anders Gaasedal wrote:
   In lugnet.technic, Ross Crawford wrote:
   In lugnet.technic, Anders Gaasedal wrote:
   Hi everyone,

Right now I am building a scale model of a 60 ton Container Crane, 1:40 from KONECRANES.

I have placed a lot of pictures and videos on my website, http://www.gaasedal.dk more explanation will follow as the project goes on.

Looking good, Anders! I’m interested to see how you set up the sensors.

ROSCO

Hi Rosco,

I have now equipped my crane with one of the sensors for controlling the penduling of the container, I have placed a few pictures and videos on my homepage to show how the sensor and regulator works.

Very nice! I think your pendular control is a first for a LEGO crane! What is that sensor? Is it just a position sensor, or does it measure rotation speed?

ROSCO

Hi Rosco,

Its a sensor from the company http://www.dcpmicro.com. The sensor measures the angle of the wire. Sadly the sensor costs around 140 euros, but its very good for this purpose, and it is made specially for the RCX. The normal rotation sensor from LEGO are not accurate enough. And a large gearing falls on slack.

Anders