 Technic / 12843
Re: New Style Technic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:51:16 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jennifer Clark wrote:
   Yes, it is best to have the option of using either method where appropriate... presumably it is still possible to get sets with the traditional Technic beams etc. What would be a good currently available set for this?

Jennifer

Among those that I own, the best ones from 2003 would be the “model team” sets.

    4403 Air Blazers
698 elements, 0 figures, US$50, 2003
LEGO > SYSTEM > Designer

    4404 Land Busters
772 elements, 0 figures, US$60, 2003
LEGO > SYSTEM > Designer

for black technic bricks, and

    7470 Space Shuttle Discovery
826 elements, 0 figures, US$50, 2003
LEGO > Discovery > NASA

for black and white technic bricks.

The inventor sets also come with some traditional technic parts, but I can’t comment much since I don’t have them.