 Technic / 12821
Re: Ladies and gentlemen...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 23:04:40 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Maciej Szymanski wrote:
   In lugnet.technic, Ross Crawford wrote:

Hi dmac!

Great backhoe! I love how you’ve used the motors and gear selectors to get multiple functions, like in the 8480 space shuttle. And it looks good too, well done!

ROSCO

Thank you, Rosco. (And thank you Eric for the earlier post). Well, gear selectors were just a necessity, but worked out well. I don’t think more motors can be squashed into frame only 8 studs wide. I’m planning to use similar system for switching between “normal” and “crab” steering in the crane I’m working on.

Ahhhhhh! I actually looked at that technique, and it works OK but you have to make sure the wheels are straight when you switch it! Instead I investigated this technique but have yet to use it in a MOC.

ROSCO