 Technic / 12798
Re: SSClagorpion - Compressor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 04:12:58 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

<snip>

This morning I came up with the combination of a distance of 1.5 using a technic
CAM, combined with a 30 degree cutback (back towards the center) using this:

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/44374

It looks ugly, but it works quite well and provides very good diameter circle..
I'll get a picture up soon.

Here is the picture.

http://www.kclague.net/SSCorpion/P6130013.JPG

I got the whole compressor back together and it is mechanically sound.

Whether this provides a superior compressor or not, I've got to try to use the
same geometry to make a pneumatic engine.  My friend Kyle at the LEGO
Imagination Center in Minneapolis gave me the idea.

Kevin