 Technic / 12817
Re: Instant Mini Air Compressor using RC Buggy Motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 2004 16:28:13 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Chio Siong Soh wrote:
   Here’s an instant mini air compressor you can make if you have the 8475 RC Buggy motor.

Using the inner motor output shaft, the geometry is just right for full compression of the small pump. It runs like blazes and was able to drive my 2-cylinder engine effortlessly surpassing Ralph’s improved double-acting pump.

Free running, the inner motor output shaft turns at 1540-1580 rpm. With the mini pump unloaded, it runs at 1440-1460 rpm. And with the mini pump driving the 2 cylinder engine, it runs at 1320-1340 rpm.

I reckon it will serve as the new benchmark for pump testing.

My humble apologies. I forgot to complement you on the elegence of the design.

Kevin

--

C S Soh

www.fifth-r.com/cssoh1