 Technic / *10801 (-100)
  Re: MOC: All Terrain Crane

(...) Clever design on the boom, both extension and elevating. But why didn't you use real drive and suspension, bet you could have fit some RC from HiTechnic in there aswell :) The stickers look OK from here, and they lead me to explore the (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) What?? How do you know that? - David (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) No, probably not. I admit plenty of attention is needed to play (I don't believe I stated otherwise.) However, when people begin to grow dependent on video games for entertainment, it is common that they tend to play for long periods of time (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Build, Test and BUY (at Legoland CA)

"David Schilling" <davidNO@SPAMsunteleia.com> wrote in message news:H845JB.CF9@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) because (...) [ ... snipped ... ] While it has been a while since I was at LEGOLand, when I was there I had a conversation with (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) Not every board game lasts as long as Monopoly or a marathon game of Go. And there's plenty of kids who play RPGs that take up to 100 hours to finish, so I'm gonna have to disagree on just plain (video) "games" being the problem. Even (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: All Terrain Crane

(...) Ta Richie! The stickers are an art in themselves, but I'll get them better next time 8?) Those glossy sticker sheets are so darn expensive, you can't afford much experimentation! ROSCO (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Build, Test and BUY (at Legoland CA)

I just came back from Legoland (California) and saw that they now sell Technic parts near the front of the park (in the Build&Test building) by weight, the way they sell other Lego in the Mania clubhouse. Here's some pictures of the signs outside (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: MOC: All Terrain Crane

(...) Thx Lar! But the planetary gearing isn't really there (neither are the axles actually driven!) - I just put that there to explain the larger hubs on those axles! ROSCO (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: All Terrain Crane

Hey that's terrific! Check out how high the boom goes! I like the little trailer to help hold it too. I like how you used those steering systems. Gotta love the pink seats! Check out the size, like you said almost minifig scale, a true mix. I didn't (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: All Terrain Crane

(...) Nice work! The stickers do add to the finished model. (And the website address on the side is a nice modern touch too.) Cheers Richie (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: All Terrain Crane

(...) Wow! way nifty! Another BRE masterpiece. I hope you add some detail on the planetary gearing on the driven axles... (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  MOC: All Terrain Crane

Almost-minifig-scale, based on DEMAG AC100. (URL) a link to the full brickshelf gallery with many more pictures, but won't be viewable until moderated. Enjoy! ROSCO (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic) !!

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) Hmm...that's one of the sole reasons I'm a nonconformist. Some can say the blessings of our society and technology really better humanity, but is this really true? Is it a 'blessing' that if someone is bored they instead turn to the TV or (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

There will be 3 great (big) technic sets in august. A firedepartment truck in red, a shovel in yellow and an RC street car in silver. paul wolters, netherlands (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

"Bob Gomez" <kukumba@aol.com> wrote in message news:H83wI4.56M@lugnet.com... <snip> I guess some will say that the market has changed and kids today don't have the attention span that they used to. </snip> I'm getting a bit tired of hearing this (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

Yes, I was sad to see the catalog too. Very disappointing. However, there were some new 2003 "Technic-ish" sets spotted a while back online (several small sets of construction equipment). The set numbers were in the 8000's. It will be interesting to (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

Yes, I was sad to see the catalog too. Very disappointing. However, there were some new 2003 "Technic-ish" sets spotted a while back online (several small sets of construction equipment). The set numbers were in the 8000's. It will be interesting to (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Recent BS that struck my fancy.

Wow! Thanks for posting this. I too have not surfed Brickshelf in quite a while. (...) sidebar). (...) "has posted" Singular subject (e.g. a person) uses "has"; plural subject (e.g. "we" or "they") uses "have". Ok, enough grammar for today ;-) (...) (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

"Bob Gomez" <kukumba@aol.com> wrote in message news:H83wI4.56M@lugnet.com... (...) it's (...) and (...) It is sad. At work often whenever I bring in a model of one of our robots or bits of automation, some of my co workers will ask, "Where can I get (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) The sad truth is that Technic is DEAD. I don’t want to believe it. But it’s true. I think the Lego Company is making a huge mistake by ignoring the Technic market. The whole reason I got into Lego was because Mindstorms and Technic. Now my (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Jama - "My chest is looking at you"

Whooo hooo! my (3rd) Vision Command has just arrived today. I'm gonna see if I can mount it into the chest of the Jamocklaquat. Fun Fun Fun. Legomaster www.mylegomaster.com (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  What a downer :-(

I got my 2003 SAH (US) cat the other day, OK new years eve, and was left rather disappointed. In the past, I've viewed the January catalog as a benchmark for the year followed by the Summer one. But God help us all, this one just plain stinks for (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8475 and skipping...

"Rob Hendrix" <rob.removebeforesen...msltc.org> wrote in message news:H800zC.24A@lugnet.com... (...) with (...) that (...) in (...) We got lucky. This set is perfect and I even got to play with it. Very nice model. -- Bob Fay (URL) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Recent BS that struck my fancy.

Hi all! Given this; slow day at work, low action at lugnet.technic and high speed at Brickshelf I did my first real look in the "Recent" folder in a looong time. To share my amusement to others (perhaps you) that might have less time at their hands (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic) !

  Re: Andreas' big foot 4x4 truck - WOW!!!! A marvel of raw mechanical proficiency!

(...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8431 Sold Out -- "DISCONTINUED", says SAH!!!

(...) It's only sold out in Canada and US. With some luck for you "over there" S@H might ship a few more to US, they are on "Availible Now" status all over Europe and Australia/NZ and not "Call to check" so there must be a bunch left? Best regards, (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: An ISCC entry I spotted

Totally agree. When I was building my crane I had the same problem of getting the lift of the boom started. This is a really clever solution. It's also a great combination of looks and functions. Jennifer Beware.... (;-) Duq "Larry Pieniazek" (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  An ISCC entry I spotted

(URL) LKW Ludger Havighorst (33) Lots of great details in this one! I am sure this is not the only entry we'll be raving about but wanted to toss it out there ... I especially thought the use of an exhaust pipe to hide the control axle was clever, (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: 8431 Sold Out -- "DISCONTINUED", says SAH!!!

Try setting the delivery country to UK. I think that explains what's happened. JB (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8431 Sold Out -- "DISCONTINUED", says SAH!!!

(...) Just called Shop@Home. The man I spoke to says 8431 is DISCONTINUED!!! It just became available a couple months ago! Am I the only one who's shocked by this????!!! (...) - I'd still like this explained. Why is it still on the site at all if (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  8431 Sold Out

Dear LEGO Direct, Is 8431 sold out for good or is this just temporary? On SAH they show it as being sold-out and I was surprised there wasn't an option for back-orders. I decided not to worry but today I got my SAH catalog and I see 8430 but no (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8475 and skipping...

I have only heard of a few serious problems that could not be resolved with this issue. But, on the other hand, there have been a few (like mine) that can't recover from this steering problem. I think you have a 75/25 chance in it being ok, but if (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8475 and skipping...

Rob, Are you serious? I gave one of these to my grandnephew for Christmas. If you can't make this work, what is to happen to the rest of us? I hope his is ok. -- Bob Fay (URL) Hendrix" <rob.removebeforesen...msltc.org> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8475 and skipping...

(...) I (...) I never could get my steering to center, no matter what I did. I worked with it for over 2 hours and gave up. My model is now sitting on a shelf collecting dust. I'm actually thinking of dismantling and using the motors for a new top (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8475 and skipping...

(...) I just got this set for Christmas (for the kids) and under load it will frequently jerk or skip with the speed cutting out or the steering messing up. When it is just starting to move from a stop or when I am using both joysticks at once also (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Jamocklaquat - The waters are still - a brief pause and analysis -

(...) The AI will come from the programming ultimatly. (...) The Super Mech-Bot has a Dual Vision Command set up. (URL)If you wanted it more advanced, you (...) The Super Mech-Bot has touch sensors in the hands. (URL) nice about Vision Command is (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Jamocklaquat - The waters are still - a brief pause and analysis -

(...) It'd be nice if it had some AI. Perhaps a camera in the head, hooked up to a computer, sending messages to the RCXs? If you wanted it more advanced, you could have multiple cameras, plus microphones, a speaker, and maybe more sensors (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Jamocklaquat - The waters are still - a brief pause and analysis -

Thanks TJ and Thanks for Spotlighting the Technic Beast in the Cool MOCs section too, that really made me happy. I have just figured out a few deatils of its construction. We may see it completed sooner than I thought. I would love to bring it to (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Toa Nuva have knees?

(...) If the sneaked preview of several weeks ago was any indication, I was being prescient in my post above. (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Jamocklaquat - The waters are still - a brief pause and analysis -

(...) Dang! 10 RCX! That's a lot of batteries :-) Have you invested in rechargeables? (...) That's quite a 'bot, and a serious building endeavor (plus a huge investment :-) I'm not really a mecha fan, but Jama is awesome just from a Technic/ (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Jamocklaquat - The waters are still - a brief pause and analysis -

(...) The trusty Bathroom scale says 20 pounds. Thats without RCX. Wow, it seems like it would weigh more. Then again it's just the skeloton with very little exterior detail. Fully complete and 10 RCX laiden with batteries, we could be talking an (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Jamocklaquat - The waters are still - a brief pause and analysis -

How mich does it weigh? (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Jamocklaquat - The waters are still - a brief pause and analysis -

I have been getting some questions and I realized an update is in order. At this point in time construction on Jama has been halted. I intend to use the money and effort to goto Bricks West 2003 in California rather than spend it on Jama. So at this (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Help!!! needed with set # 8538, Muaka and Kane-ra.

First off, thanks to those who replied. I really appreciate your willingness to help us out. After reading the suggestions provided, I took another look at the model and discovered the problem: James had put the "liftarms" in upside down, so there (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Andreas' big foot 4x4 truck - WOW!!!! A marvel of raw mechanical proficiency!

(...) I saw your Brickshelf page ( (URL) )... and apart of the Bigfoot, the double Kingcab and the silver supercar impressed me... but the mechanics of the 2 last are nothing compared with the Bigfoot ones... I can only say "wow!... how does he make (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  8353 Slammer Rhino review

8353 Slammer Rhino Racers / Technic (but does not say Technic anywhere) (URL) 8+ Pieces: 218 Released: 2003 100 page manual 2 models Price: $30 (CDN), $20 (US) RATINGS (Scale: Must-Have Excellent Very-Good Good Fair Poor) Set: Excellent Models: (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Help!!! needed with set # 8538, Muaka and Kane-ra.

Hi Adrick I gave myself the 8538 Bionicle set for Christmas, so I think I can help. I believe you're talking about the arms/claws of the creatures. Basically, the 'fingers' on the dark grey liftarms (URL) supposed to interlock. Then, the axle with (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Help!!! needed with set # 8538, Muaka and Kane-ra.

Hello Adrick, Although I don't have set 8538 I do have some general advice based on my own experience putting together complicated technic sets. The first thing I would do is go back through the instructions to see if you have assembled it properly. (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Andreas' big foot 4x4 truck - WOW!!!! A marvel of raw mechanical proficiency!

Hi Eric, You make LEGO fantastic, thanking you very much for your interest! ciao Andrea (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Andreas' big foot 4x4 truck - WOW!!!! A marvel of raw mechanical proficiency!

Hi Ross, you make things fabulous, I love your helicopter, mobilcrane etc... Ciao Andrea (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Help!!! needed with set # 8538, Muaka and Kane-ra.

My younger brother got the Bionicle set 8538 Muaka and Kane-ra for Christmas, and we've run into a bit of a problem: the legs of both creatures don't seem to have any way to attach to the body the way the instructions show, and there aren't any (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Andreas' big foot 4x4 truck - WOW!!!! A marvel of raw mechanical proficiency!

I agree! ...and sorry Andreas for not saying so earlier. I enjoyed looking at the frame and seeing the raised suspension. Fun Fun Fun. e (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Andreas' big foot 4x4 truck - WOW!!!! A marvel of raw mechanical proficiency!

(...) Not really technic, but thought you might like this one too - I did! (URL) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Andreas' big foot 4x4 truck - WOW!!!! A marvel of raw mechanical proficiency!

(...) Not perfect but it get's the job done :) (...) Of course I'll let you know! (...) If you refer to the BIGFOOT appearing to the left in the lugnet.technic newsgroup it's Thomas 'TJ' Avery you want. (...) Looking forward to it! (...) Marry (...) (22 years ago, 25-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Andreas' big foot 4x4 truck - WOW!!!! A marvel of raw mechanical proficiency!

Hi Rebecca, you have reason, the sopensione you are copied from a radio-controlled model of the Jps: CLODBUSTER (URL) am constructing the new lightened version that he will work very better, when you see it you write what to me of it tasks! Thanks (...) (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Andreas' big foot 4x4 truck - WOW!!!! A marvel of raw mechanical proficiency!

Thanks Tobbe, babelfish are perfect! I am in order to end the new version, is conceived on the same base of the BIGFOOT but a lot improved. I hope to end during these festivities! If the sun comes I will make also the photos then I will publish to (...) (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Bionicle: the social toy.

Some friends came by for a party and when they left, this is how they left my Toa. (URL) good to have friends who appreciate toys. (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Andreas' big foot 4x4 truck - WOW!!!! A marvel of raw mechanical proficiency!

(...) Wow. I have to say I'm very impressed by engineering of this model. It's reminiscent of Tamiya's radio-controlled "Bullhead" monster truck, but with the nice fact that the motors are located within the chassis and not beside the axles. I still (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Andreas' big foot 4x4 truck - WOW!!!! A marvel of raw mechanical proficiency!

(...) It's OK. Perhaps babelfish can translate good enough: (URL)With BIGFOOT model I have complicated things very much, infact the two (...) Cool! (...) Can't wait! (...) I don't know who you adress, personally I'm from Sweden thus my English is (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How to make a differential when you've got no one?

First of all 1wd car would be only one wheel running. But in the 8840 instructions both rear wheels are driving the engine and it is by definition a 2wheel drive car, but with a stiff rear axel. A true 1wd car would have only one wheel conected to (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: R: How to make a differential when you've got no one?

"Luis Hernández" <lmhariano@latinmail.com> wrote in message news:H7GE3v.Lxo@lugnet.com... (...) use (...) 8222, (...) I was working on using the pulleys and even have done one with the 24T gear but i was staying with the direct non-slip drive, and (...) (22 years ago, 21-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: instruction for 8520

"Lars Gertsen" <lars.gertsen@mail1....ofanet.dk> wrote in message news:H7Gov3.IFB@lugnet.com... (...) I have this set's instructions. I can scan them and put them up on our website for you to download. Let me know. -- Thanx~ Nicole Drumm MS (URL) (22 years ago, 21-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic.slizer)

  instruction for 8520

Hello, Does anybody know where I can get an instruction scan for this set? Lars Gertsen - Denmark (22 years ago, 21-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic.slizer)

  Re: Mechanical Automatic Transmission

No problem. Actually, I had the same trouble in the beginning.. but, keep in secret! ;-) merry christmas rob (22 years ago, 21-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: R: How to make a differential when you've got no one?

Well... I checked Mike Fusion's thin differential ( (URL) ). It works fine... but it's simply too big!!!! So I had to think about a smaller diff that would work the same way... and that's what I got... using pulleys instead of 40-tooth gears and (...) (22 years ago, 21-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Andreas' big foot 4x4 truck - WOW!!!! A marvel of raw mechanical proficiency!

Sorry if I cannot reply you soon, but I don't speak English very well and someone has to translate for me. For this reason I cannot put the image descriptions under the LEGO photos! !-(((((( It's always pleasant receiving compliments, above all, (...) (22 years ago, 21-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: R: How to make a differential when you've got no one?

(...) Want to know more 1wd cars? Check these ones: (URL) (alternate model) (URL) (alternate model has 2 one-cylinder engines, one for each rear wheel) (URL) lugnet.technic, Tobbe Arnesson writes: (...) No sir... I said 8408 (the little V2 yellow (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Merry XMas & Happy NY

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all lugnet members let the NY2003 brings you a lots of new bricks paul pixel kleniewski ps: so early because i'll be offline during this time (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  9V basic motor

Hi, I'm just wondering if these (URL) are any good? Has anyone done a comparison of these against the other 9V motors? ROSCO (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Robot competitions at BricksWest

In order to have enough time and space for the various robot (and RC) competitions I'm running at BricksWest, I would request that anyone who is considering entering let me know. This isn't a binding commitment that you'll bring a robot, or racer, (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Announcing RCX Drag Racing Competition at BricksWest 2003

In addition to the Off-Road RC racing competition, there will also be an RCX robot competition involving racing... drag racing. Below are the rules. -- David Schilling RCX Drag Racing Competition Official Rules ===...=== Objective: Competitors will (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Announcing Off-Road RC Racing Competition at BricksWest 2003

As promised, below are the rules for the Off-Road RC Racing competition to be held at BricksWest 2003. -- David Schilling Off-Road RC Racing Competition Official Rules ===...=== Objective: Before the competition, competitors will design and build an (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: How to make a differential when you've got no one?

(...) I suppose you meant to write 8448 and not 8408? (...) When the vehicle is turning the rear wheels could be said to describe circles, the inner wheel is in a smaller circle then the outer wheel. Thus, the outer wheel has to travel a greater (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How to make a differential when you've got no one?

hi! 1. differencial gear is needed to give an ability to rotate right and left wheel independantly when car's moving ahead there is no difference in speed of rotation left and right wheel but whe car's running on a curve every wheel is going to run (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  McDonald's Bionicle for sale or trade

Hi, all, I have two complete sets of 6 of the McDonald's Happy Meal promo last year. One set of six is still MISB. The other set is complete with bags and paper inserts, I built them to see what they looked like, and then put them in a plastic box, (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: MOC: Marine Pedestal Crane

(...) Yes, I agree. Actually, I'm working on that right now. I had mentioned that Todd Thuma took a few movies of the crane at Brickfest. Well, I just contacted him and he said he'd look for them. Hopefully he has a few, and will be kind enough to (...) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: Marine Pedestal Crane

(...) The geared 9V motors are great. It's been proven that they're much more efficient than the old ones. They suck less current, and their internal gear reduction has less friction losses than a built-up gear reduction. The 12V motors may be more (...) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  R: How to make a differential when you've got no one?

hey! nice one! I didn't notice that there was a "1wd" car! (an "inverted" 1wd car, because the wheel drives the piston(s)) very funny, in my opinion! what you are searching for is here, anyway: (URL) Hernández <lmhariano@latinmail.com> wrote in (...) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  How to make a differential when you've got no one?

I'm still working in the sports car (which I think will be about 8-10 studs longer and 4 wider than 8408... using the same wheels). The frame is almost ready, and it will include 2-speed gearbox (if I can, I'll build a 3-speed one and pop-up (...) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: Marine Pedestal Crane

(...) You always should make movies when you have you own camera. My father filmed most of my models and I'm glad I have the movies (e.g. the Liebherr LG1550 and the Hitachi pile driver). TJ, when you have a movie, I can see it in 'real' though. (...) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: Marine Pedestal Crane

Hi Thomas, A few months ago I already saw some images of your latest crane. No I’ve red the whole story about it. It’s a very rare crane, especially because it’s built of LEGO. Never seen that before! I’m always surprised when people manage to build (...) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.events)

  Re: Andreas' big foot 4x4 truck - WOW!!!! A marvel of raw mechanical proficiency!

(...) *yaw drops to floor, mind stalls* Did some research to find a official post from Andrea and found another of his MOC's: (URL) done it before it seems. Still, it's a total marvel! I'd love a description to go along the pictures though. Andrea, (...) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.it)

  Something unusual(?)

Dear all, Here is some light entertainment: (URL) aware that the video file linked by the image is a 6 mb Divx 4 AVI) I'll post some notes on how I made it soon - for now enjoy the movie! (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Suggestions wanted

(...) I used Frontpage Express for my site - I think it comes with MS office. It's monumentally better than Frontpage (for simple sites), I put together the basic site in a couple of hours (URL) and most of that time was creating the pic on the (...) (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Suggestions wanted

(...) cutehtml and wsftp. They've served me well for quite a while, and are both fine, fine products. cutehtml is basically a glorified notepad, but it has the added benefit of color-coding links so you can see what's going on a little better. If (...) (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Suggestions wanted

(...) cutehtml and wsftp. They've served me well for quite a while, and are both fine, fine products. cutehtml is basically a glorified notepad, but it has the added benefit of color-coding links so you can see what's going on a little better. If (...) (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Andreas' big foot 4x4 truck - WOW!!!! A marvel of raw mechanical proficiency!

(...) (URL) it is awesome. Very complicated looking suspension. Nice! TJ (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic) !

  Re: Andreas' big foot 4x4 truck - WOW!!!! A marvel of raw mechanical proficiency!

(...) Did I miss a previous message? Is there a URL?? -Kyle (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Suggestions wanted

(...) Notepad and FTP ;-) You can't go wrong with that! I've created a template webpage for my site, and I use a FTP address with IE to upload my files. I find the hardest thing about making a website is creating and editing the images. I use (...) (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Andreas' big foot 4x4 truck - WOW!!!! A marvel of raw mechanical proficiency!

This creation is amazing - it puts to shame all of Lego's "Super Cars", and is so complex that I stared more than 5 minutes on the complex drive and steering system - and I still have no idea what each part does. It was obviously made primarily from (...) (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Suggestions wanted

Hi all I seem to find the software I use for creating (Technic) webpages very troublesome when it comes to publishing (uploading the pages). The culprits being Netscape composer and MS coolpage 2.6. What I'm after is a consensus as to what is the (...) (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego® 9V Technic Motors compared characteristics

Hi Gaurav, (...) ;o) (...) I don't own these motors... but I have a friend who has this set, if I can get him to extract the motors from the car I'll post an update... Philo www.philohome.com (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: Marine Pedestal Crane

(...) I mentioned that on the site, somewhere on this page: (URL) again for the help! Frank got to see the damage first hand when I opened up my trunks in DC. He saw something like this: (URL) the crane base was a little squashed. He helped me (...) (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: Marine Pedestal Crane

(...) Nice. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to see the crane in action, but I appreciated the first hand experience I had with it. Frank (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8480 Space Shuttle Optic Fiber module

(...) That is about the speed I have always gotten with it. I think the FOS light module itself has a tad too much friction in it. If it is manually operated (as in 8456) it works fine, but when motorized it goes a bit slow, and the fact that so (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego® 9V Technic Motors compared characteristics

(...) This is very informative indeed and excellently designed; I learned quite a bit from the article. thanks and great work. BTW do you happen to know how the new 8475 motors compare here? (from what I have heard, they are more powerful than (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8480 Space Shuttle Optic Fiber module

(...) That's about what my space shuttle at home produces as well. (...) Since LEGO is designed for kids I recon this should be OK, but I still have my concerns for the health of the optic unit... Best regards /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8480 Space Shuttle Optic Fiber module

(...) Ouch, mine never stopped, so I guess I was complaining for nothing after all. (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8480 Space Shuttle Optic Fiber module

(...) Well, after further feedling with the pulley and battery case, it nows runs at a respectable 2 rotations per second. That's very good, and probably the best the shuttle can get due to the design. But still not fast enough to give a dizzying (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego® 9V Technic Motors compared characteristics

(...) Someday I'm going to update my links page and you're going to be in it! Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact