 Technic / 8688
Re: Help!!! needed with set # 8538, Muaka and Kane-ra.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 17:54:59 GMT

Hi Adrick

I gave myself the 8538 Bionicle set for Christmas, so I think I can help.
I believe you're talking about the arms/claws of the creatures.

Basically, the 'fingers' on the dark grey liftarms
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?PartID=32308
are supposed to interlock.  Then, the axle with the mask
is supposed to keep the arm in place.  You have to slide the
dark grey arm in as far as it will go (they will sit
against the rubber-band loaded 1x3 liftarm), and then insert the
axle with the mask through the last hole, right beside the yellow
tile with the arrow.  The arm has to go in as far as possible,
so that the axle goes through only 2 holes, not 3.

Look at steps 41 and 44 of both creatures, and look carefully at
where (and how) the axle with the masks are inserted.  If the arms
are one stud further out, the axle goes through 3 holes, and the arms
have a tendency to pivot outwards, making the creature fall flat on
its face!!!

If you still can't figure it out, let me know, and I'll take some
digital pictures and post them on Brickshelf.

Good luck

John

In lugnet.technic, Adrick Tolliver writes:
My younger brother got the Bionicle set 8538 Muaka and Kane-ra for
Christmas, and we've run into a bit of a problem: the legs of both creatures
don't seem to have any way to attach to the body the way the instructions
show, and there aren't any extra pieces that might help.  Right now both
creatures just lie sit on the floor, and while this is quite a boon for the
Toa, they really don't look very menacing that way.  James (my brother) and
I have both looked at the models and the instructions at least a hundred
times, and I still can't see how they're supposed to fit.  Could someone who
owns this set please post and tell us how the legs attach? If so, you'd have
one very grateful eleven year old.  :)

Adrick