 Technic / 8687
Re: Help!!! needed with set # 8538, Muaka and Kane-ra.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 17:24:33 GMT

Hello Adrick,

Although I don't have set 8538 I do have some general advice based on my own
experience putting together complicated technic sets.

The first thing I would do is go back through the instructions to see if you
have assembled it properly.  It is really easy to put in a 4-long-axle where
a 5-long-axle should have been or using a 2-black-pin instead of a
3-black-pin.  Another easy mistake to make is pushing in an axle or
3-black-pin too far, you may need to pull them out a bit and attach the legs
first before pushing them in all the way.

On the last day of work one of my co-workers gave me Lehvak, I watched
another co-worker put it together but she made two mistakes:

1) She had the ball joint conector rotated wrong, it needed to be turned 90
degrees.

2) She was afraid of breaking something when pushing the ball and ball joint
connector together so she thought they were not supposed to fit together.
They just needed to be forced together to snap into place.

If these don't help the next thing I would do is completely take it a part
and re-build it from the start.

It is possible (although unlikely) that you are missing a piece.

Good luck,
Roy

In lugnet.technic, Adrick Tolliver writes:
My younger brother got the Bionicle set 8538 Muaka and Kane-ra for
Christmas, and we've run into a bit of a problem: the legs of both creatures
don't seem to have any way to attach to the body the way the instructions
show, and there aren't any extra pieces that might help.  Right now both
creatures just lie sit on the floor, and while this is quite a boon for the
Toa, they really don't look very menacing that way.  James (my brother) and
I have both looked at the models and the instructions at least a hundred
times, and I still can't see how they're supposed to fit.  Could someone who
owns this set please post and tell us how the legs attach? If so, you'd have
one very grateful eleven year old.  :)

Adrick