 Technic / 8657
Re: Andreas' big foot 4x4 truck - WOW!!!! A marvel of raw mechanical proficiency!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.it
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 08:58:30 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Thomas Avery writes:
In lugnet.technic, Stéphane Simard writes:
This creation is amazing - it puts to shame all of Lego's "Super Cars", and
is so complex that I stared more than 5 minutes on the complex drive and
steering system - and I still have no idea what each part does.

Yes, it is awesome. Very complicated looking suspension. Nice!

*yaw drops to floor, mind stalls*

Did some research to find a official post from Andrea and found another of his
MOC's:

He's done it before it seems.

Still, it's a total marvel! I'd love a description to go along the pictures
though. Andrea, are you reading this? (post copy to loc.it but FUT to .technic).

Looks like he has:

4-wheel drive
4-wheel steering
Two (at least) or four gears for drive. The half bushes that peeks out on the
sides in an odd angle connects with the gearchanging ring (one on each side).
Two old 9V motors for drive
One "new" 9V motor for steering, also steering knob on tob of the chassis
HUGE suspension travel.
Pneumatics to open the body in true Monster Truck manner.

Yikes!

I'd like to se a picture where the suspension is pressed down...

Best regards,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu
(remove SPAM when e-mailing)