 Technic / 8710
8709  |  8711
Subject:
Recent BS that struck my fancy.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 14:38:04 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi all!

Given this; slow day at work, low action at lugnet.technic and high speed at
Brickshelf I did my first real look in the "Recent" folder in a looong time.

To share my amusement to others (perhaps you) that might have less time at
their hands I present the things I found worth a look. Please note I'm not
bored enough to check *every* addition to BS only those that looked intersting
in the Recent-view, also I only show here the ones related to .technic.

Etienne Griffation - Off Road Buggy Racer 2002

An old school Buggy that appearantly had it's beating set to it. Makes it look
authentic however I doubt that was the goal. I suspect Etienne just had fun :)

Especially look at the wear on those rims (or is that mere silver paint on
white rims?)!

Good work Etienne!

Check out the complete gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=hijitwin

A lot of cool stuff, Etienne is a promising builder to come! I noticed some
painting on some of the models though. Note that folders with a non-LEGO folder
contains a related LEGO model.

Website according to .txt file in the gallery:
http://www.chez.com/garagelego
I'm sad to say the design leaves some to be asked for so I rather stick to BS,
especially since I don't know French.

Two more creations that made it into my "recent-collection" was the 'van' and
'Tracteurs'.

Martyn Boogaarts - demonstrationmodels of wallclimbers by LEGO

Good photos of LEGO's wall climbers. See how they are made. If my memory serves
me LEGO use(d?) them to demonstrate Mindstorms. The platform drove the climber
to the wall then the climber took over the action.

I made a small attempt to find a good link to more info but I leave it to you.

Luis Miguel Hernandez Ariano - Differential

Might have been mentioned here but I'm to lazy to double check and it's worth
viewing.

Luis has made the smallest dif I've seen. It's even competing with the official
dif's in size. It uses medium sized pulley's and eight tooth gears.

Andrea Grazi - FRAME
====================

Andrea have posted (or is it "has posted"?) photos of a striped down version of
his awesome Bigfoot frame. Soon I might even understand what axle does what :)

Still amazing...

Another 'Andrea' that made my list was his SUPERCAR

At first I thought it was his own creation straight through. Then the bodyshape
reminded me more and more of the 8448 SuperCar MkII and later the chassis
screamed Silver Champion. I have never seen the Silver in person so I'm not
sure. It's still an original piece of work and amazing as well.

I wish he knew English better, we -as a community-, could learn a lot from him.

Thierry Darioly - vehicule
==========================

A photo of a *really* good looking mobile crane that is up there competing with
Jennifer. Then, when the eyes finally moves it's appearant the photo is from a
LEGOLAND, Miniland. So it's probably a static (or possible driving) replica and
not a true working version. Still, it's good looking. What amuses me is that
Jennifer even beat the hard core boys and gals that work for TLC :)

Mark Kuipers
============
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Legom

Seems to be a new boy in the nighbourhood. And he brought toys to share!

Terragator Fertalizer Applicator Model 8144

I suppose that means "fertilizer sprayer" or something like that. It's a _nice_
model of a farming vehicle never the less.

Caterpillar Tractor Case Forage Harvestor Artes High Dump

It cut's hay (sp?) :)

Another nice farm thingie. Are those treads from the Cybermaster or non-LEGO? I
don't recognize the large black wheels either.

Still a really good looking and detailed MOC!

Tandem Extendible Picker Truck
------------------------------

Another nice model, not as good as others but still a nice one.

Pneumatic Excavator
-------------------

The excavator is good, perhaps not brilliant but for sure a really good job at
that scale. I blame Jennifer for raising the bar, she makes all others look
bad :)

The excavator looks a little back heavy, true it needs it when lifting heavy
objects. The treads is not LEGO AFAIK?

The photos could have been better but they're OK.

Caterpillar Combine Model 480
-----------------------------

Oh, look at that! The giant silo was a suprise!

New Holland Self Propelled Forage Harvestor Model FX58

A small harvester and a truck to load the harvest onto.

What are the black thingies on the front rotating thingie made out of? Paper,
cloth, some piece I did not knew existed?

Okay, so his extensive use of yellow might have clouded my judgment a tad :)

Kotaro Ono - LEGOLAND bikes
===========================

Also see the next two photos. Okay, so it's not 'that' related to Technic but
it uses some Technic parts and I found it cool!

That's all folks. Point of the excercise achieved, "work" has ended, it's time
to go home. It's not "all" because of that I just got out of things that did
strike my fancy in the first place and got lucky with the amount of time
this took.

I'll do this again in a week or two if the work load admits it and the crowd
(that's you) likes it...

Best regards,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu