 Technic / 8661
R: How to make a differential when you've got no one?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 21:07:13 GMT

hey! nice one! I didn't notice that there was a "1wd" car! (an "inverted"
1wd car, because the wheel drives the piston(s))
very funny, in my opinion!

what you are searching for is here, anyway:
http://www.lugnet.com/technic/gears

ciao
stefano

Luis Hernández <lmhariano@latinmail.com> wrote in message
H7DtHt.Czs@lugnet.com...
I'm still working in the sports car (which I think will be about 8-10 • studs
longer and 4 wider than 8408... using the same wheels). The frame is • almost
ready, and it will include 2-speed gearbox (if I can, I'll build a 3-speed
one and pop-up headlights) front independent suspension and maybe rear • live
axle.....

Maybe because I have seen many lego suspension systems (from official sets
and MOCs)(and no-suspensions also)... and almost all of them have a
differential gear... almost because the 8840 doesn't have it... it only • has
1-wheel-drive!!!!
(don't you believe me? check here:
http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/8000/8840/ )

So I've got some questions:
1) Are differentials so important when builiding cars? What would happen • if
I don't use one?
2)I don't have any differential gear (If you want to know what do I have,
are these sets: 2854, 8207, 8216, 8226, 8232, 8236 and 8422; one each one)
Is it possible to build a working differential? and how without having to
make a 1wd car?

Thanks a lot

Luis