 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5471
Re: 8431 Sold Out -- "DISCONTINUED", says SAH!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 23:06:19 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Paul S. D'Urbano writes:
Dear LEGO Direct,

Is 8431 sold out for good or is this just temporary?  On SAH they show it as
being sold-out and I was surprised there wasn't an option for back-orders.
I decided not to worry but today I got my SAH catalog and I see 8430 but no
8431!

Just called Shop@Home.  The man I spoke to says 8431 is DISCONTINUED!!!  It
just became available a couple months ago!   Am I the only one who's shocked
by this????!!!

PS: If the above was a stupid question:  Could someone please explain what
the difference is between "sold out" listed on SAH set instead of the set
being removed from the site completely?
- I'd still like this explained.  Why is it still on the site at all if it's
gone for good?

-PSD