 Star Wars / *6498 (-100)
  Re: lego.com has been updated.

(...) Hmm...where in /starwars is this handy information? best LFB (25 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: lego.com has been updated.

(...) the new site also shows what minifigs come in each set... the MTT has 7 battle droids! yay! (25 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Gunners Chair in Millenium Falcon?

In the most recent Lego Mania Magazine, March-April 2000, I saw that the picture of the Millenium Falcon in the last frame of the comic strip had a 4x4 plate on a hinge under the the laser guns on top of the saucer sections that was slightly open. (...) (25 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Short People

(...) Hello, this is my first replying to a message, although I have been reading the messages here for a few months. I just wanted to say that TLC might make a solid plastic Yoda like they did with Sebulba. That way he could be shorter than (...) (25 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

There was also *one* available in 316 Fire Fighting Launch. If you look at the Brickshelf scan of the instructions (URL) the part in question is visible at the bottom of step 6 and the top of step 7. -Cheese (...) out (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.western, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) As a kid growing up in Detroit in the early 1960's, whenever I got 50 cents or a dollar together I used to go up to the neighborhood bicycle shop, which also carried LEGO. I ended up buying the macaroni brick parts packs in every color (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.western, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) Town (...) had (...) USA, (...) Master (...) As Gary has said, yes they do exist. I used to be able to (once in a while) play with my Uncle's collection, which included clear macaroni bricks, and a neighbor friend of mine was lucky enough to (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.western, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) Cool! Thanks for the info.! (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.western, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

Yes clear do exist. I have "several". If you want to know which set had the most, here it is (thanks to Horst Lehner's cool catalog website). This is the reverse side to the 1961-62 USA Samsonite Catalog, where the parts packs are located. Check out (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.western, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) Hi Ben, Funny you should talk about the half circle bricks..... I just found my October 29,1999 post here in lugnet.general where I talked about the rarest LEGO bricks. Rather than cross referencing it, I just copied/pasted it below. Enjoy! (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.western, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

<SNIP> (...) out (...) Yes, I believe I have ONE clear macaroni brick in my collection...unless I traded it already. I think Zonker got a couple clear bricks in trade when I wasn't paying much attention. =) Of course I got a Majisto and Dragon (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.western, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) Well yes and no. Macaroni Bricks have always been rather scarce, but I still think they make yellow ones in recent sets. The 396 also has blue macaroni bricks. But the scarce stuff are the red 6 large and 4 small spoked wheels (I think the (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.western, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) Do clear macaroni bricks really exist!!??? What set? I'd like to check it out on Brickshelf. (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.western, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) rare, (...) I have not as many in yellow as I have in white, red and black, but I think blue ones have been more rare in the past (now you could find them in some sets during the last years. But Rarest macaroni bricks are the transparent ones. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.western, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  20% off Lego at Fred Meyers in Pacific NW...

Stopped by Fred Meyers yesterday and found a wonderful surprise, 20% off all Lego through this Saturday (3/18/00). Picked up several duplicates I have been wanting, also Technic Destroyer Droid. There are coupons tacked to the shelves. Fred Meyer's (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) I noticed that 396 has yellow macaroni bricks...those have to be extremely rare, no? (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.western, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) trains. That is because my all time favorite LEGO model set is #396 Thatcher Perkins (1863) locomotive. It is built to a larger scale than the normal LEGO trains. It has the feel and look of an old time western train. I have this set, and (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.western, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  lego.com has been updated.

Hi, I've just seen that www.lego.com/starwars has been updated. There's even a small picture of Chewie and C-3PO now. Not too interesting though, we already knew all this. Just wanted to let you know. Bye, Christian --- xTI@N. P.S.: Please note that (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) Ah yes I have seen this before. I had forgoten where I had seen it tho. I have always thought that those cattle were the coolest. If I could only get my hands on that many burps I would be set. Unfortunately I have had my lego buying reduced (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.western, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

No offense taken, david. I know that my style is a little abrasive. Did you see Shiri Dori's posting? It recommends checking out (URL) on 'Displays by Lego', then on 'Wild West'. It's pretty rad. I especially liked the brown railroad ties. (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.western, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) commitmenttowards (...) I think the site you're talking about is Eric Brok's site. Click on 'Displays by Lego', then on 'Wild West': (URL) tend to agree with your reasoning, BTW! HTH, -Shiri (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.western, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) Damien, I agree with you on most of your points. I am currently working on a western themed set up in which I am mixing elements from adventurer, ninja, and pirate sets that I own. It is a coastal fort with a near by town. When ever I get a (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.western, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) I saw a picture on a site of a brilliant western display made by TLG, with a western train, that looks just perfect (the engine does anyway). It would probobly sell like hotcakes with train fals, who want better trains and also with WW fans, (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.western, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

Todd Lehman e-mailed me earlier on today and guided me towards Suzanne Rich's website www.baseplate.com. It's an awesome sight in general, but she may be able to aid some of you western enthusiasts specifically if you check out the (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.western, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Short People

(...) I used a 1x2 plate under the torso, then put two 1x1 plates with horizontal clips (the clips poking forward for feet) beneath them. Of course, this requires green 1x1 plates with clips, and green hands, which I'm not sure exist. I did it with (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Short People

We are going to have to be careful of having short Lego people, because that will only lead to the inevitable Lego Dwarf Tossing®. Also to we are going to require new signs saying "You must be this tall to ride" for our vehicles. Then they will want (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Please help me find a URL!

(...) Maybe so...maybe Obi Wan starts to turn to the Dark Side, but comes back. However, his fall leads Anakin astray, which brings about young Skywalker's demise. (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Please help me find a URL!

(...) "With the Force"- ;> Chris (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Website

Yeah Karim! No more posting till your site is updated. :) pat J (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Website

I put two friction technic pins in the holes and then put a brick on them and built a shell around the TB piece (what are we supposed to call that thing anyway?). Thinking about it, that shell was built during the trial and error period of the (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Website

(...) Mark, I've also pretty much succeeded in camoflaging the TB pieces. I have 2 new mecha on the new Pallas Spaceworks site (not published yet) the Hissha and the Ryu. Both of them use camoflaged TB ball & socket joints for the hips (the Ryu uses (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Website

(...) What method did you use for securing the "armor" plates to the Throwbots pieces. There are only 2 technic holes in them, so that makes it kind of difficult. ~Mar (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Short People

(...) The best I've been able to figure is that all the lego minifigs are intended to be children playing dress-up. Which explains their proportions pretty well, actually. One way to make a Yoda is to put one of the tan jedi robe torsos on top of (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Website

My Ronin has TB ball and sockets for hips. I think I camouflaged them pretty well, all you can see are the triangular points on the inner thighs. Ben -- Ben Vaughan ben@marsbase.com (URL) Sandlin" <sandlin@nwlink.com> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Please help me find a URL!

(...) "WTF") What The [insert explative]!? -- -Steven "Nothin' But Net!" (URL) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Website

(...) My problem is that I'd like the functionality of the TB ball-joints, but I want it to look like it's made only of bricks. The TB parts look good in the style you have on your website, but they wouldn't look good in the heavy-mech style that I (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Short People

Alright this may have been previously discussed however I wish to weigh in on the subject. I just got my first Anakin figure in the Naboo starfighter set, and he is as tall as everyone else. This little boy stands eye to eye with Qui-Gon and (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Please help me find a URL!

(...) "so what I have told you was true, from a certain point of view." Some pretty interesting ideas there. One of the first things I did think when Obi-Wan was going at it with Maul was how ticked off he was getting, and how "anger" leads to the (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Website

Mark, Want some ideas for biulding mecha with throwbot elements? Check out my site, (URL) in the UESF Heavy Mecha section for some examples that illustrate how to integrate throwbot elements with mainstream lego elements. Todd, (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Please help me find a URL!

(...) Man, after reading that, I *really* need to write up my "R2 is a jedi master" and "Yoda: Dark Lord of the Sith" theories... J (25 years ago, 12-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Please help me find a URL!

(...) That was clever. A lot of what the guy wrote makes a heck of a lot more sense then the actual movies. Wouldn't it be strange if things actually worked out that way? :) -Jonathan (25 years ago, 12-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Website

Thanks, Ben. At first, I had designed those pods as engines, but a friend of mine said they looked like heavy LRM pods, and I thought it was a good suggestion, so I guess they're missiles now. :^) I would have liked to make the legs better-looking, (...) (25 years ago, 12-Mar-00, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Website

Nice! I like the missle pods (?) on the top. Very formidable! Those guns are pretty impressive too! Ben ---...--- Ben Vaughan ben@marsbase.com (URL) Sandlin" <sandlin@nwlink.com> wrote in message news:FrA4xv.1H2@lugnet.com... (...) Right (...) photo (...) (25 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Website

(...) Well, that was interesting. Somehow the end of my post (and half my name) got cut off. Anyway, here it is: (URL) (25 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Website

(...) ... you forgot the addy I think;) -- pn (25 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Website

Hi everyone, I have finally created a small webpage for a few photos of some MOCs. Right now, everything is Mecha-based, but one of my mecha is built from Star Wars sets (which explains the post to .starwars). I plan to photo some of my spacecraft (...) (25 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Please help me find a URL!

Man, you ROCK!! That was the URL! Thanks so much! JaKe (...) "WTF") (25 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Please help me find a URL!

Because I REALLY can't stand what passes for entertainment nowadays, I decided just for kicks to locate this URL. For some reason, SW bashing is more fun for me than actually seeing these big budget bromides. Since I have no idea what the original (...) (25 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Please help me find a URL!

Yes, that was the idea with ObiWan. I REALLY want to find that article URL again. It was about 3 online pages and went into great great detail backing up this theory. If anyone knows it, please let me know!! (...) (25 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: CHEWIE & C-3PO REVEALED!!!

(...) I'm imagining a hollow clamshell ball, similar to the zepplin in the adventurer's set. Imagine being the poor stockperson who'd have to arrange THAT set on the shelves of the local Walmart! -- Jeff <jthompson@esker.com> "Float on a river, (...) (25 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Please help me find a URL!

(...) I've not seen it but what you said doesn't make any sense. Did this site put forth that young Obi-Wan from EP1 is Darth Vader in EP4-6? If so who is pretending to be Obi-Wan in EP4-6? And is Obi-Wan really Luke's father? Will the real Obi-Wan (...) (25 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: CHEWIE & C-3PO REVEALED!!!

(...) Alright! After finally watching SW, the original movie (it's about time, now...) I decided to recheck the link that didn't work for me earlier... Let me say I've been pretty apathetic toward all SW sets, prolly because I haven't seen the (...) (25 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Please help me find a URL!

OK, about 6 months ago I went to someone's personal web site who had written quite a long article about his theory of where the next Star Wars movies would go and I can't find the link! Basically, the article talked about how ObiWan will take (...) (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: MiniFig Scale Imperial Shuttle!

(...) and (...) Wow that is awesome. I was wondering if TLC would ever try that as a set. Seeing your redition make me belive it is all too possible. Hopefully they would make it all grey with Emporer and 6 royal gaurds rather than rebel scum. Sorry (...) (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  MiniFig Scale Imperial Shuttle!

I've updated my site quite extensively, I added my minifig scale Imperial Shuttle, The DAT file and online instructions for my B'Omarr Monk, and overhauled the entire interface. I have some other mini-figs and items to add which I will do in the (...) (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Got Slave-1 and Flash Speeder today!

(...) I obtained the Slave-1 set shortly after its release. The big let down for me are the accessories for the figurine. To be more specific, I really hate the combining of Boba Fett's helmet and jetpack into one-piece. If I were a younger lego (...) (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Got Slave-1 and Flash Speeder today!

I got over my initial disappointment at TLG's rendering of Boba Fett's ship fairly quickly. I knew I was going to get at least one, but now I know I'll be getting a few more. A terrific set for green and brown, although I'm a little peeved about (...) (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Finally updated my web site...

(URL) Star Wars stuff - and one MOC Ship - Follow the picture link... Thanks! EC (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What can we expect?

(...) Because I love trans orange! -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What can we expect?

(...) Why? (no seriously, I am curious now, why? I'd rather have trans-purple) (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What can we expect?

(...) I would love it if TLG made trans orange lightsabers! -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What can we expect?

(...) NOOO...OOO! No crappy raised baseplate or burps. [to TLG] give me bricks or give me a new hobby. (read: lose the sale) -Lord Insanity (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What can we expect?

(...) The Z-95 is an old ship that the X-Wing was based off. (so the story goes) It is highly propable that either Episode 2 or 3 (maybe both) will have Z-95s and R-41 Starchasers. If they make a Z-95 I hope the use the 6x4 rectancle canopy in smoke (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  SW Base Plates?

Hey, I noticed on the back of the A-Wing box (and other spaceship boxes) that the floor is made up of 1x2 grill plates and 1x2 smooth plates. The grill plates are backlit to look like floor lamps. I thought that since the grill plates are LEGO, (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What can we expect?

Knowing Lego, the Cloud Car will probably be a combination of red and orange parts. I'd rather it be red than orange, though, because the lego orange is kinda bright. But even if they make 'em orange, they'd still be cool. -John (...) chrome (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What can we expect?

I really like the idea of a cloud car and a sandcrawler, however; what color would the cloud car be? Is Lego orange accurate enough, it looks too bright to me. Secondly I don't think that Lego has the license to produce stuff from the expanded Star (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What can we expect?

(...) I expect we'll see the TIE fighter soon, with a System AT-AT along with it, or soon thereafter, since the TIE pilot and AT-AT pilots wear nearly identical helmets, with the TIEs' being black and the AT-ATs' being in white. I would hope to see (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What can we expect?

In lugnet.starwars, Scott P. Costello writes: <snip> (...) The Blockade Runner and Troop Transport _could_ be made (with shrinking) about the same size and price as the Millennium Falcon, but I doubt anyone but hardcore fans would buy them, so there (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What can we expect?

It appears that Lego is spreading it all out as much as possible so that they will have new material by the time the next movie opens. They will continue to release a few Ep. 1,4,5,6 this year and next year. Then, in 2002, the secret sets will start (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  $3-$4 set

My apologizes if this has been brought up already, but what does everyone think this could be? The SSG interview makes it sound as if this will happen next year. And I wouldn't look for any "EU" sets to come from LEGO - Hasbro regretted making the (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What can we expect?

(...) This is being done, under the rubric of the Mindstorms Dark Side Developer's Kit (I think that's the name). Scans/.jpgs of this already exist, as catalogues have begun to appear and the relevant toy shows have been held. Who knows when it'll (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What can we expect?

I think we'll also see: Lars Family speeder Cloud City Car Jawa Sandcrawler Swoop Bike (tried to do one of these myself but it didn't come out right) plus TLG would be smart to release a Z95 Headhunter... basically the same pieces as the X-Wing (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What can we expect?

(...) Unlike other line-ups, LEGO will not discontinue SW sets after two years. In fact, don't be surprised if 7141 X-Wing or another set is still in the line-up until the contract is up. However, who says it only has to be vehicles? (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What can we expect?

(...) That is an intersting question. Perhaps we will see Jabba's sail barge? That would be pretty big, but not so big it couldn't be made. A Sandcrawler might be made as well. As was suggested, some playsets may also be made. Perhaps the base on (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What can we expect?

(...) Good question, but I expect it next model year. :) (...) That would be really cool! (...) See above. :) (...) I hope so. Be interesting to see how it would be done by LEGO. How about all 3 ties in one set? Nah, I don't like that idea, too (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What can we expect?

Scott (Always neat to respond to people named Scott! :) ) (...) Any and all! :) (...) They could make a ton of money by doing buildings, set ups, hangers, etc. I would love to see a 100.00-150.00 set of the hanger bay of the Death Star or the Hoth (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  What can we expect?

I have been seriously thinking about this; how many more classic vehicles can be made? Looking at the rebel vehicles, it appears that they have all been done. The only remaining vehicles are too big to make a mini-fig size vehicle, and not charge (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: And now Blue vs. Gray (was White vs. Gray in SW sets (was Re: Feelings over 2000 sets . . .)

(...) with (...) Actually Vader's TIE was blue/grey like the TIE Bombers. In fact the TIE Bombers in ESB were made using wings from the store bought Vader's TIE model kit that anyone could purchase. (Hence the "store bought." Sorry I didn't want any (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: And now Blue vs. Gray (was White vs. Gray in SW sets (was Re: Feelings over 2000 sets . . .)

I made a mini-fig scale Tie Bomber with parts from the Vader's Tie/Y set, the Sith infiltrator, Gungan sub, and anakin's pod. It's all gray, with some dark gray. I wanted to make it as much like how the Lego group would make an official one, so the (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: White vs. Gray in SW sets (was Re: Feelings over 2000 sets . . .)

(...) Yes, and I'm glad they used grey--more grey = better, as far as I'm concerned. (...) Todd, I'm not sure which disturbs me more: The comparison, or the implication that in order to make such a detailed comparison, you have actually at some (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: White vs. Gray in SW sets (was Re: Feelings over 2000 sets . . .)

(...) Just my $0.02, I always thought the A-Wing was a darker red with off-white. *shrugs* could just be me... I havn't seen my Action Fleet A-Wing in a while, but I *think* it's color is close to that of the LEGO version, except the red is darker (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: White vs. Gray in SW sets (was Re: Feelings over 2000 sets . . .)

(...) A- (...) I have two different toys of the A-wing and both are either a very dark rust or a brown. It depends on how you look at it. I'm getting tempted to spray paint my A-wing just to see how the right one would look. If lego did use brown (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: White vs. Gray in SW sets (was Re: Feelings over 2000 sets . . .)

(...) Is the brown in the A-wing Fighers actually brown, or is it a kind of "rust" color? Maybe they were trying to approximate rust or brick-red with red...? Hmmmm. --Todd (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: White vs. Gray in SW sets (was Re: Feelings over 2000 sets . . .)

(...) The X-wing and Millenium Falcon I thought were both a light grey or an off white. The falcon was a variety of patched up colors. The X-wing had some white in it so I can see your point there. When I heard lego was making an A- wing I was very (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: White vs. Gray in SW sets (was Re: Feelings over 2000 sets . . .)

(...) Great Rant!!! :) I know what you mean! :) OTOH, white and gray actually are the same color. And on the screen, doesn't the MF *look* kinda gray (not white)? I mean, Stormtroopers, now they look white. The MF looks like a sheet of metal-punch (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  White vs. Gray in SW sets (was Re: Feelings over 2000 sets . . .)

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) This touches on my biggest pet peeve with official SW LEGO that really only got worse in the 2000 sets: WHY ARE ALL OF THE SHIPS THAT SHOULD BE WHITE MADE IN GRAY?!?!?! Ahem. Sorry, I lost it there for a (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars LEGO Design Contest II

Yes it did! pat J (...) (25 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Glued pieces

(...) I had a similar opportunity, and it is heartbreaking to admit to yourself but you should just forget about it. Those pieces ain't eva comin apart, there is no solvent that can help you. Plastic glues work by chemically melting the plastic (...) (25 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Glued pieces

Hi everybody, this is my first post, and i know it's off topic for the newsgroup, but i've been reading you guys since such a long time now that i felt more comfortable asking this to some "familiar" people! I'd have the chance of buying a set which (...) (25 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

D M Garcia <dmglego@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FqwtMo.8EH@lugnet.com... (...) certain (...) I don't know about that. Pat Justison picked my T-16 from the Snowspeeder set over both an A-Wing and a B-Wing made from the X-Wing set. I'm not sure (...) (25 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars LEGO Design Contest II

(...) An alternate model category seems like a good idea as people don´t have to spend loads of money to create something that can enter the contest. But splitting it into alternate models for each set or price/pieces range would be something that (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Feelings over 2000 sets . . .My $.02 worth

(...) I have to agree. This set isn't as good as it could be and a lot of the MOCS I've seen are better and could have been done by Lego and still have been in the $15-$20 price range. However, I still feel it ranks a few notches above "sucks". (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Feelings over 2000 sets . . .My $.02 worth

(...) Explorer (...) Uh... NO! Don't get me wrong, it is not as good as it could be, but this set is very good. I plan on getting at least 2 dozen for parts. (...) I don't really know what you mean here. (...) You mean perfectly, right? An A-Wing (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

"John VanZwieten" <john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> wrote in message news:Fqup0v.717@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) and (...) one (...) Could this be taken a step further? I think offering categories for certain models would be nicer. Pitting an (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Feelings over 2000 sets . . .My $.02 worth

(...) These sets are really awesome looking! the dinosaurs look really good and nicely articulated, I wish they were more articulated, but they still look so cool I hardly care. Did you get a good look at the stegosaurus? It has a paint scheme on (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Fujita Website up in English

Well, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I'm sure I'm not the only one who pestered Mr. Fujita to translate his web site into English. He e-mailed me a few days ago, announcing the English version of his website (See Cool Lego Site of the Week for (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars LEGO Design Contest II

(...) Agreed! Building alternate models out of official models is a really interesting challenge. Too bad I've already sorted my models into my parts bins, though! ;-) Fredrik (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Feelings over 2000 sets . . .

I was extremely pleased with the 1999 line as well. I'm a bit disappointed with 2000, though. The thing is, there didn't seem to be too many complaints about scale in the 1999 sets. All the sets had a nice "heft" to them, good color selections - it (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

Ralph Döring <doe@gmx.de> wrote in message news:Fqu49E.B1u@lugnet.com... (...) I'd vote for another "Best Alternate Model" category (and not just 'cause I won it in Pat's contest.) Alternate models require a lot of creativity, and offer other fans (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars LEGO Design Contest II

(...) Yes, every SW-model is welcome. Most of them fall into the category "best overall model". Some can also be in the CAD section. I am thinking of other categories as well. Any suggestions ? However the main effort of the contest should be to (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact