 Star Wars / 6407
Re: Feelings over 2000 sets . . .My $.02 worth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 04:37:15 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Mike Petrucelli writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Skip Robinson writes:

Now to Star Wars.
Like a lot of lugnetters I was really jacked about the first sets. I made
myself buy them slowly so I could savor each one. Interesting also how the
comments from others affected my thoughts. I was also looking forward to the
new ones this year. I bought two this week:
I like the B wing, it had parts that I can use elsewhere and overall is not a
bad model. Yes I have seen stuff that other lugnetters have built with better
wing config and engine layout but it is pretty good coming from TLG. Yesterday
I put together the A wing. THIS KIT SUCKS!

Uh... NO!  Don't get me wrong, it is not as good as it could be, but this set
is very good.  I plan on getting at least 2 dozen for parts.

    I have to agree. This set isn't as good as it could be and a lot of the
MOCS I've seen are better and could have been done by Lego and still have
been in the $15-$20 price range.  However, I still feel it ranks a few
notches above "sucks".
I think most of us were really
looking forward to this model and I personally was let down. Whats up with the
big "duck bill" on the front?

I don't really know what you mean here.

   I understand how the red plate on the front (the "duck bill") could have
been split into two, thus making the notch that is present in the "real"
A-wing, if that's the problem you have with it. Other than the lack of a
notch, though, I don't see what's wrong with this "duck bill".

Why did they mount the wing cannons in such a
crappy way?

You mean perfectly, right?  An A-Wing has pivoting cannons.  TLC hit it right
on here.

Why the stupid "unseen" extra colors such as blue and yellow?

I agree that is stupid.

   The only reasons I see behind the unseen colors is just for some variety.
It's also apparent in the Slave I.  I'm just glad that they're relatively
hidden in these models, unlike the Falcon where it's right out in the open.

was disappointed by Lego on this set.

The only thing they screwed up IMHO was the A-wing is too short.  It is a $15
set and at that price point TLC did very good.

The one redeeming factor about it was
that since it was Lego I could immediately go in and change what I did not
like, which is probably why we like Lego anyway.

What do you guys think about the new Adventurers stuff coming out in
July?

-Lord Insanity

"A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men"

Visit me at:  http://members.tripod.com/~LordInsanity