 Town / 666
Re: Feelings over 2000 sets . . .
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 13:52:40 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.starwars, David Simmons writes:
I'm actually quite disappointed with the Arctic sets and think they are
extremely juniorized.  If you look at the large base set, it's composed
almost entirely of pre-fab pieces.  There are almost no bricks in the set.
I may pick up a few of the smaller ones to get some more orange and a few of
those transparent boulders, but the theme overall leaves me cold (Sorry, I
couldn't resist!)   :-)

That's mainly what's kept me from going hogwild over the new Arctic sets --
seems like a lot of air in the boxes.  OTOH, I think 4 of the large pre-fab
pieces in the big base are those awesome 4x4x6 concave corridor corners in
Gray!  (Can anyone confirm this?  I love those pieces!)

--Todd

That's the one piece in this theme that really interests me.  I agree that the
boxes seem contain a lot of air which is why I have stayed away for now.  I
really think those pieces would work great in space themes.  I think in
quantity they would be great to make a model of the ship in "2001 a space
Odyssey" used as the spine of the ship.  Actually I think the ship is the
"Odyssey" but it escapes me now.

Followups to lugnet.space

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group