 Star Wars / 6395
Re: Feelings over 2000 sets . . .My $.02 worth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 21:24:42 GMT

I am sooo glad this topic has come up!

I work in a commission only job and only buy lego when my paycheck has been
more then minimum expenses. The past few months have been on the low side and
I have been kicking myself for want of the new Arctic and Star Wars sets.
Last week things turned around a bit and I was able to indulge myself at TRU.
I got the smallest Arctic set (the $2.00 polybag) and the $10.00 Polar Explorer
(# 6569). I also got the A wing and a B wing in the new star wars line.

Initial thoughts about Arctic: I am pleased with what is there, yes some
juniorization but new pieces in new colors are fine with me. Sometimes I think
that the best set in a series is often the one at $10-$15 and in this case I
really like what lego put in the package. ( I liked the ResQ set with the off
road vehicle and trailer a lot as well). All in all the set was worth the
money and had some new pieces.

Now to Star Wars.
Like a lot of lugnetters I was really jacked about the first sets. I made
myself buy them slowly so I could savor each one. Interesting also how the
comments from others affected my thoughts. I was also looking forward to the
new ones this year. I bought two this week:
I like the B wing, it had parts that I can use elsewhere and overall is not a
bad model. Yes I have seen stuff that other lugnetters have built with better
wing config and engine layout but it is pretty good coming from TLG. Yesterday
I put together the A wing. THIS KIT SUCKS! I think most of us were really
looking forward to this model and I personally was let down. Whats up with the
big "duck bill" on the front? Why did they mount the wing cannons in such a
crappy way? Why the stupid "unseen" extra colors such as blue and yellow? I
was disappointed by Lego on this set. The one redeeming factor about it was
that since it was Lego I could immediately go in and change what I did not
like, which is probably why we like Lego anyway.

What do you guys think about the new Adventurers stuff coming out in
July?