 Star Wars / 6406
Re: Feelings over 2000 sets . . .My $.02 worth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 23:47:01 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Skip Robinson writes:
I am sooo glad this topic has come up!

I work in a commission only job and only buy lego when my paycheck has been
more then minimum expenses. The past few months have been on the low side and
I have been kicking myself for want of the new Arctic and Star Wars sets.
Last week things turned around a bit and I was able to indulge myself at TRU.
I got the smallest Arctic set (the $2.00 polybag) and the $10.00 Polar • Explorer
(# 6569). I also got the A wing and a B wing in the new star wars line.

Initial thoughts about Arctic: I am pleased with what is there, yes some
juniorization but new pieces in new colors are fine with me. Sometimes I think
that the best set in a series is often the one at $10-$15 and in this case I
really like what lego put in the package. ( I liked the ResQ set with the off
road vehicle and trailer a lot as well). All in all the set was worth the
money and had some new pieces.

Now to Star Wars.
Like a lot of lugnetters I was really jacked about the first sets. I made
myself buy them slowly so I could savor each one. Interesting also how the
comments from others affected my thoughts. I was also looking forward to the
new ones this year. I bought two this week:
I like the B wing, it had parts that I can use elsewhere and overall is not a
bad model. Yes I have seen stuff that other lugnetters have built with better
wing config and engine layout but it is pretty good coming from TLG. Yesterday
I put together the A wing. THIS KIT SUCKS!

Uh... NO!  Don't get me wrong, it is not as good as it could be, but this set
is very good.  I plan on getting at least 2 dozen for parts.

I think most of us were really
looking forward to this model and I personally was let down. Whats up with the
big "duck bill" on the front?

I don't really know what you mean here.

Why did they mount the wing cannons in such a
crappy way?

You mean perfectly, right?  An A-Wing has pivoting cannons.  TLC hit it right
on here.

Why the stupid "unseen" extra colors such as blue and yellow?

I agree that is stupid.

was disappointed by Lego on this set.

The only thing they screwed up IMHO was the A-wing is too short.  It is a $15
set and at that price point TLC did very good.

The one redeeming factor about it was
that since it was Lego I could immediately go in and change what I did not
like, which is probably why we like Lego anyway.

What do you guys think about the new Adventurers stuff coming out in
July?

-Lord Insanity

"A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men"

Visit me at:  http://members.tripod.com/~LordInsanity