 Star Wars / 6421
Re: And now Blue vs. Gray (was White vs. Gray in SW sets (was Re: Feelings over 2000 sets . . .)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 23:18:53 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, John Green writes:
I made a mini-fig scale Tie Bomber with parts from the Vader's Tie/Y set, the
Sith infiltrator, Gungan sub, and anakin's pod. It's all gray, with some dark
gray. I wanted to make it as much like how the Lego group would make an
official one, so the basic structure is similar to Vader's Tie (same wings),
but longer, more tubular. The thing is, everyone more or less seemed upset • with
Vader's Tie being blue since it was white/light gray in the movie.

Actually Vader's TIE was blue/grey like the TIE Bombers.  In fact the TIE
Bombers in ESB were made using wings from the store bought Vader's TIE model
kit that anyone could purchase. (Hence the "store bought."  Sorry I didn't want
any confusion on this point.)

However,
the
Tie Bombers were very bluish in ESB, and all the Tie Bomber toys I've seen
(micro machines, etc.) have all been blue (granted, not crayon blue like • Legos,
but still a very blue-gray.) What does everyone think? Should a lego tie • bomber
be blue or gray?

Same color scheme as Vader's TIE but make the lasers GREEN, NOT RED.  That is
the only thing wrong with Vader's TIE.

Some day I'll be taking pictures of it and entering it into that contest that
was recently announced.

-John Green

-Lord Insanity