 Star Wars / 6388
Re: Feelings over 2000 sets . . .
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 16:12:18 GMT

Jonathan Little wrote:

I know this is kind of late, seeing as how the 2000 sets have been out for a
couple of months now, but I wanted to say a few words about my personal
feelings of the new sets and also get input from everyone else.

The only 2000 set I have purchased so far has been the Desert Skiff so I
could get the parts for my own version. My wife also wanted "her very own
Han Solo" minifig. :)  You can see my version of the skiff at:

I haven't been that excited about many of the 2000 SW sets, I'll probably
get them all at some point, just for parts.  Probably multiple copies of
the Slave One. I'm just waiting for a sale and available funds to coincide.

The artic sets don't really impress me, I think it is due to it's
juniorization.

I don't collect castle but might but a  few Guarded Treasuries for the
corner slopes and lions heads.

Overall, I'm not very excited over the sets themselves, especially after
looking at them a long time.  I couldnt wait for the first round but I
think that could be due to the "newness" of it.

-Chris