 Star Wars / 6417
Re: White vs. Gray in SW sets (was Re: Feelings over 2000 sets . . .)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 04:02:10 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Michael Perri writes:
The X-wing and Millenium Falcon I thought were both a light grey or an off
white.  The falcon was a variety of patched up colors.  The X-wing had some
white in it so I can see your point there.  When I heard lego was making an • A-
wing I was very excited because I thought to myself more tan and brown
pieces.  But of course lego had to screw it up with red and grey (YUCK!).
Just my two cents.

Is the brown in the A-wing Fighers actually brown, or is it a kind of "rust"
color?  Maybe they were trying to approximate rust or brick-red with red...?
Hmmmm.

--Todd

I have two different toys of the A-wing and both are either a very dark rust
or a brown.  It depends on how you look at it.  I'm getting tempted to spray
paint my A-wing just to see how the right one would look.  If lego did use
brown and tan that vehicle would have looked like one of the best.  Especially
if it didn't have that 8x2 blue brick inside.  Now I think I put more than my
two cents in.

-Mike